Mitchell College of Business Internships
The business internship program provides an opportunity for students planning careers in business to participate in their chosen field prior to graduation. Internships are offered to all qualifying students in the Mitchell College of Business. Three credit hours are required for graduation from the college.
Ready for an internship? Here is how to get started.
In order to qualify for the internship credit you must meet the following requirements:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Must have junior or senior status
- *International students, please see your advisor for internship requirements
How do I find an internship?
Get instructions, requirements, and ideas to find the right internship for you.
- Visit Handshake
- Visit the Career Center
- Attend a career fair
- Contact Megan Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may also find internships at the following websites:
- Learn the requirements for starting and successfully completing your internship.
- Complete the Experiential Learning Guidelines
*Be sure to have your Internship Supervisor sign page 4
- Submit your completed application to your department chair
Accounting - Dr. Kelly Woodford
(251) 460-6723 | MCOB 133
Economics & Finance - Dr. Ken Hunsader
(251) 460-6729 | MCOB 330
Management - Dr. Bill Gillis
(251) 414-8084 | MCOB 347
Marketing - Dr. Alvin Williams
(251) 461-1792 | MCOB 354
- After the chair approves your internship, you will be released to register for the course
A Note from the Internship Coordinator
The Mitchell College of Business internship program provides opportunities for students planning careers in business to gain experience in their field prior to graduation. The internship is an applied work experience available to qualified students in the Mitchell College of Businesses. Contact me and I will help you find the position to that perfect for you. Go Jags!
Coordinator for Experiential Learning
Mitchell College of Business
(251) 460-7194 | MCOB 131