Jaguar Marching Band Alumni Society Constitution
THE JAGUAR MARCHING BAND ALUMNI SOCIETY
ARTICLE I – NAME AND ADDRESS
The organization shall be known as “The Jaguar Marching Band Alumni Society”
The address of The Jaguar Marching Band Alumni Society shall be as follows:
Jaguar Marching Band Alumni Society
c/o Director, University of South Alabama Jaguar Marching Band
Department of Music
Laidlaw Performing Arts Center, Room 1072
5751 USA Drive South
Mobile, AL 36688
ARTICLE II – MEMBERSHIP
Membership of the Jaguar Marching Band Alumni Society (“JMBAS”) shall include:
- All persons having served as members of the University of South Alabama Jaguar Marching Band (the “JMB”) for at least one full marching season.
- All persons having served as a member of the Jaguar Pep Band prior to the creation of the Jaguar Marching Band in 2009.
- All persons who currently serve, or have served, as staff members of the JMB or Jaguar Pep Band, including directors, assistant directors, and administrative staff.
- De facto or Honorary membership shall be granted as deemed appropriate by the Board.
Membership rights and privileges shall be as defined in the Bylaws.
ARTICLE III – BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The JMBAS shall be governed by the Board of Directors (the “Board”). The Board shall consist of elected officers (each an “Officer”) as described in Article IV as well as the following:
- the current Director(s) (the “Director”), Associate Director(s) (the “Associate Director”), and Assistant Director(s) (the “Assistant Director”) of the Jaguar Marching Band (JMB); and the current Drum Major of the Jaguar Marching Band, as selected by the Director, Associate Director, and Assistant Director; and the Director of Bands (the “DOB”) at the University of South Alabama
- Each member of the Board shall have one vote, with the exception of the Drum Major
of the JMB, for all matters voted upon by the Board following the procedures defined
in the Bylaws. The Drum Major of the Jaguar Marching Band shall not have voting privileges
as a member of the Board.
ARTICLE IV – OFFICERS OF THE BOARD
The elected Officers of the Board shall consist of the following:
- President Ex Officio
- Technology Officer
One Member-at-Large shall be elected to represent any and all members who participated in the JMB or during the time periods set forth below. In addition, one Member-at-Large shall be elected representing Jaguar Pep Band members prior to 2009. Each Member-at-Large shall have participated in the JMB during any part of the time period for which the Member-at-Large is elected.
- Jaguar Pep Band (prior to 2009)
- 2018-2022 (when applicable)
Election procedures and terms of office are as described in the Bylaws.
ARTICLE V – FISCAL YEAR
The fiscal year of the JMBAS shall be from the first day of October to the last day of September (the “Fiscal Year”).
ARTICLE VI – AMENDMENTS
This Constitution may be amended by the procedures set forth in the Bylaws.
ARTICLE VII – RATIFICATION
This Constitution was ratified by the Board of Directors of the USA National Alumni Association at their Spring 2017 meeting.