IRBNet is a web based interface for the submission, correspondence, management, and monitoring of protocols. It is the required portal for the submission of research protocols for human subjects, animal activities, and biosafety registrations.
Getting Started with IRBNet
You may access IRBNet from virtually any computer using a web browser by visiting www.irbnet.org.
- Upon accessing the site simply click on “New User Registration” in the top right corner.
- You will be prompted to select a user name and password and enter your contact information.
- You should select “University of South Alabama” as your local institution.
All IRB, IACUC and IBC forms are downloaded through IRBNet.
- Project - a study as a whole, which should only be created ONCE upon initial submission to the IRB
- Package - an individual submission within a Project; multiple packages may be submitted for a project (e.g. modification requests, renewals, deviations)
- Always use the application forms located in the "Forms and Templates" library to ensure you are using the most up-to-date version
- Any member of the research team may create a new project or package, but only a USA faculty or staff member should be listed as the Principal Investigator (PI). The PI should electronically sign before a project / package is submitted via IRBNet.