First Year Council consists of a diverse group of first year student leaders striving to make the first-year experience at South the best that it can be. Working hand in hand with SGA, FYC seeks to empower first year students, help first year students grow as leaders, and provide first year students with a voice. Through FYC, you can form lasting connections with key administration officials, SGA members, and your fellow classmates. You’ll be able to form new friendships with first year leaders just like you! You’ll also be on the fast track to becoming a dynamic student leader because FYC exposes first year students to important campus organizations like SGA, Jaguar Productions, and many more!
Applications will open in June for the 2020-2021 First Year Council, please check back for the application!
Mentorship Mondays are meant to connect first year students to their upperclassmen peers. Every Monday we will have an Instagram live where a different upperclassmen student answers prechosen questions that students have as well as any brought up in the comments. The schedule for Mentorship Mondays is as follows and all begin at 7pm:
- April 6th- Tory Sanders (Vice President of Theta Delta Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. and the Pan-Hellenic Council as well as SGA Arts and Sciences Senator)
- April 13th- Ravi Rajendra (Former SGA President and Current Third-Year Medical Student at South)
- April 20th- Emily Cleveland (President of AED)
- April 27th- Christian Manganti (President of Honors College Association)
- May 4th- Donavon Dahmer (President of Donor to Diner and Current First-Year Medical Student)
- May 11th- Frank McDonald (President of Collegiate 100 and a Resident Assistant)
- May 18th- Jordan Ceaser (SGA College of Business Senator)
Please join us on Mondays at 7pm. Our Instagram is @usa_fyc. See you there!