Campus Safety and Improvement Committee
This is one of the most community oriented committees on First Year Council. Each member works tirelessly to ensure the safety and comfort of first year students during their transition to life here at South! They work with students, as well as with a network of faculty and staff to make sure each need is attended to.
Committee Projects thus far:
- Addressing the fly issue in the Fresh Food Company.
- Establishing a JagTran route to the Intramural fields.
- Addressing trip hazards due to uneven concrete.
- Addressing the issue of overflowing trash receptacles.
- Promoting diversity and inclusion on campus.
- Promoting recycling on campus.