Dr. Samantha Islam
Associate Professor Civil Engineering / Transportation Engineering
- Ph.D. Civil Engineering, Purdue University
- M.S. Civil Engineering, Purdue University
- B.S. Civil Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology
- Transportation and Infrastructure Systems
- Application of econometric and statistical methods to:highway/traffic
- traffic congestion
- transportation economics
- Design and Operations of Roundabouts
- Roadway Departure Accidents
- Application of ITS
- Traffic Operations and Control
- Transportation Planning
- Hurricane evacuation
- Islam, S., Hossain, A.B., T. Barnett. Comprehensive Injury Severity Analysis of Sport Utility Vehicle and Pickup Truck Rollover Crashes on Roadways in Alabama, to appear in Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2016.
- Islam, S. Comparative Analysis of Injury Severity Resulting from Pedestrian–Motor Vehicle and Bicycle–Motor Vehicle Crashes on Roadways in Alabama, Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Vol. 2514, 2015, pp. 79-87, 2015.
- For a complete list of publications, please see Dr. Islam's CV.
Islam, S. and Jones, S., “Comprehensive Analyses of Single- and Multi-vehicle Large Truck At-fault Crashes on Rural and Urban Roadways in Alabama”, Accident Analysis and Prevention, 67, pp148- 158, 2014.
- Islam, S. and Jones, S., “Pedestrian At-Fault Crashes on Rural and Urban Roadways in Alabama”, Accident Analysis and Prevention, 72C, pp 267-276, 2014.
- Islam, S. and Brown, S., “Transportation-OPOLY: An Innovative Tool to Promote Transportation Engineering”, International Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering, Vol.2 No.3, 2013.
For a complete list of publications, please see Dr. Islam's CV.
- EG 101 Intro to Engineering and Design
- CE 102 Intro to Civil Engineering
- CE 204 Surveying Fundamentals
- CE 352 Transportation Engineering
- CE 431 Civil Engineering Design I
- CE 590 Transportation System Evaluation
- CE 590 Highway Safety
- CE 551 Traffic Engineering
- CE 594 Projects in Engineering
Faculty Advisor: Gulf Region Intelligent Transportation Society (GRITS)