Each student will have a graduate advisory committee and a faculty advisor. The student's program of study must be approved by the advisory committee and all courses taken must have the approval of the student's faculty advisor.
Three plans of study are offered. The thesis option includes 6 hours of credit for the thesis. The project option includes 3 hours of credit for the project. The thesis differs from the project in that the thesis is usually oriented toward original engineering research whereas the project is usually oriented toward engineering applications.
Thesis Option: 30 credit hours
- 16 to 19 semester hours course work in engineering
- 6 to 9 semester hours course work in supporting areas
- 6 semester hours of thesis credit
Course Option: 30 credit hours
- 21 to 24 semester hours course work in engineering
- 9 to 12 semester hours course work in supporting areas