Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes
BSCE Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
The educational objectives of the Department of Civil Engineering’s undergraduate
program are that, within a few years of program completion, graduates will have used
the knowledge and skills gained through academic preparation and post-graduation experience
so they have:
BSCE Student Outcomes
Graduates of the Civil Engineering Program at the University of South Alabama will have:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.