For more than 40 years, the Pat Capps Covey College of Allied Health Professions has
been dedicated to the provision of the highest quality basic medical sciences and
health professional education in order to meet healthcare needs and to contribute
to new knowledge through research. Gifts from alumni, employees and friends of the
University of South Alabama are vital to the success of the Pat Capps Covey College
of Allied Health Professions and our students. All contributions, no matter the size,
have a dynamic impact on our promising future healthcare professionals and the quality
of care in our community, the region and nationwide.
The Pat Capps Covey College of Allied Health Professions continues to develop innovative academic programs that connect classroom learning with real-world issues, strives to encourage students to maximize their potential and fosters students’ passion to make a difference. Through scholarships and other endowments, we can recruit and retain highly motivated students and provide them with opportunities to achieve their undergraduate and graduate educational goals.
Supporting existing scholarships and other endowments, or creating your own, is a chance to invest in a University of South Alabama student and the future of Allied Health professions. There are a variety of options available to donors who wish to support student scholarships and other endowments. A one-time gift can be given or an endowment can be created to ensure your gift continues to support our students in perpetuity. A minimum gift of $10,000 will establish a named endowed scholarship fund. Such a gift may be made through payments extended over a period of time.
To view a list of current scholarships, choose College of Allied Health Professions from the Office of Scholarship Services Scholarship Directory.
At the University’s 50th anniversary celebration, Abraham Mitchell announced the Mitchell-Moulton Scholarship Initiative as a $25 million matching challenge to honor late President Emeritus V. Gordon Moulton. This dollar-for-dollar matching program for undergraduate endowed scholarships was created to expand opportunities for current and future USA students by providing them access to an affordable college education. This campaign will allow us to build on our current base of scholarship support, propelling USA to a nationally competitive level. It also serves as an invitation to USA alumni, friends, and community partners to have a lasting impact on the University and its students. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to double your impact by enhancing an existing scholarship or establishing one of your own
- Securities - Giving stocks, bonds or mutual funds that have increased in value may help you reduce taxes and conserve cash.
- Retirement plan distributions - These assets can be a practical resource for charitable gifts now or in your long-range estate plans.
- Life insurance policies - Using life insurance for gifts to University of South Alabama can be a convenient way to make a tax-effective gift.
- Real estate - An often overlooked resource, real estate can be an excellent way to make a meaningful gift that could enhance your income or generate tax savings.
- Other items of value (jewelry, artwork, collections, antiques, automobiles, etc.)
- For more information, please visit the Office of Development , email Caroline Smith or contact Ms. Smith at (251) 341-4080.
Resources for Donors
We sincerely appreciate your interest in investing in the Pat Capps Covey College of Allied Health Professions and enhancing the education of allied health professions. The Office of Development is dedicated to helping you achieve your goals. Please visit the Office of Development or contact our College Development team to explore your giving options.