Departmental Committee Assignments 2018-19
Advisory: MISHRA (3), Byrne (2), Prokhorov (1)
- Examine department by-laws in regards to policies and procedures. Some of them need to be changed, particularly those related to formulation of departmental committees.
- With input from faculty, lead the task of developing
- Long-term goals for the department that are in line with the university and college goals.
- Annual objectives for the department.
- Hiring strategy to fill vacant positions.
- List of departmental needs and strategies to fulfill them
- Faculty performance evaluation criteria as requested by the department chair and implementing it.
Assessment: LIOI, Balena, Prokhorov, Whiston
- Complete all assessment for year 2017-18 by September 1 (including DS).
- Prepare and submit the assessment plan for 2018-19 by the end of September (including DS).
- Discuss results and plans with the department.
- Coordinate and compile assessment results from core courses.
- Compile and analyze pretest and posttest results (where appropriate) .
Colloquium: FELDVOSS, Mishra, Shoenbaum
- Manage department colloquiums and seminars.
- Organize Mishra Memorial Lectures.
- Maintain colloquia/seminar information on the department website. Advertise them.
Computer: WANG, Armstrong, Holshouser, Kosovalic
- Manage software licenses for the department
- Oversee requirements of computer labs.
- Develop a plan to update technology in classrooms.
- Make recommendations about technology needed for teaching and research.
Curriculum: DASINGER, Bolerjack, Bindele, Lewis, E. Pavelescu, Waites
- Work with Assessment Committee on determining the means of assessing coverage of sufficient applications in Calculus and DE sequence and reporting of it.
- Update all course syllabi on web.
Graduate: PILLEN, Bindele, Colarusso, A. Pavelescu
- Develop a proposal for expanding graduate program by increasing the number of Graduate students in the program and the number of course offerings.
- Coordinate efforts for recruiting more Graduate students.
- Coordinate efforts for obtaining more funding to support the graduate program.
- Collect information about potential employers for math/stat graduates and what they expect from these students.
- Track our past graduate students (for SACS report)
Library: LEE, Barui, Lin
- Oversee development of Library holdings.
Outreach: CLONTZ, Adams, Armstrong, Beyarslan, Dey, Webb.
- Liaison with Bishop, MCPSS, and peer departments regarding coverage and presentation of mathematics courses.
- Coordinate departmental recruiting efforts in the local high schools and regional universities in association with Student Affairs Committee.
- Develop polices for more faculty involvement in newly developed Academies in MCPSS high schools.
Scholarship: STRAUB, Abeynanda, Mishra, Neal
- Coordinate selection procedures with Student Affairs Committee and recommend students for departmental Scholarships/Awards.
- Oversee Nash competition.
- Identify and encourage students to apply for different scholarships. Help Students with the application process.
- Maintain online scholarship records and update requirements.
Social: BOLERJACK, Farmer, Maae, Pereira De Andrade, Waites
- Organize holiday party, end-of-year picnic, and other social events in the department as needed.
Student Affairs: ABEYNANDA, Clontz, Darby, and Colarusso (student rep: tba)
- Revive USA Chapter of Math Honor Society
- Organize departmental representation and display at the “USA Day”
- Organize activities for Mathematics Awareness Month (April)
- Host State Math Contest in Mobile (Feb 23, 2019).
Dept Mid-probationary Review, Promotion, and Reappt Committee Chair: PILLEN
Tenure and Promotion Sub-committee:
- Dey: WANG, Mishra, Bindele
Mid-probationary Review Subcommittees:
- Clontz: PROKHOROV, Pillen, Byrne
- Colarusso: PILLEN, Brick, Prokhorov
Promotion to Senior Instructor Committee:
- Dasinger: BRICK, Prokhorov, Whiston
- Abeynanda: FELDVOSS, Byrne, Brick
- Adams: BRICK, Pillen, Farmer
- Armstrong: BRICK, Byrne, Farmer
- Balena: BRICK, Bindele, Farmer
- Barui: BINDELE, Prokhorov, Mishra
- Beyarslan: BYRNE, Pillen, Bindele
- Bolerjack: BYRNE, Mishra, Bindele
- Chilukuri: MISHRA, Prokhorov, Whiston
- Darby: MISHRA, Byrne, Whiston
- Holshouser: FELDVOSS, Byrne, Prokhorov
- Kosovalic: PROKHOROV, Pillen, Bindele
- Lee: PILLEN, Byrne, Prokhorov
- Lewis: PILLEN, Byrne, Bindele
- Lin: MISHRA, Prokhorov, Brick
- Lioi: BINDELE, Byrne, Prokhorov
- Neal: BYRNE, Brick, Bindele
- Pavelescu A: PILLEN, Byrne, Bindele
- Pavelescu E: PROKHOROV, Pillen, Brick
- Straub: PROKHOROV, Byrne, Feldvoss
- Waites: BINDELE, Brick, Whiston
- Webb: BRICK, Farmer, Whiston
- MA110: Dasinger MA120: Brick
- MA112: Farmer MA125: Lin/Holshouser
- MA113: Chilukuri ST210: Lioi