Departmental Committee Assignments 2020-21
Advisory: PROKHOROV (3), Bindele (2) Kosovalic Lewis (1)
- With input from faculty, lead the task of developing long-term goals for the department that are in line with the university and college goals.
- Annual objectives for the department.
- Hiring strategy to fill vacant positions.
Assessment: LIOI, Balena, Lewis, Whiston
- Assist with program reviews by providing any data needed as there will be no assessment report to be provided this year.
Colloquium: FELDVOSS, Colarusso, Zhang
- Manage department colloquiums and seminars.
- Organize Mishra Memorial Lectures.
- Maintain colloquia/seminar information on the department website. Advertise them.
Computer: BYRNE, Darby
- Manage software licenses for the department
- Oversee requirements of computer labs.
- Develop a plan to update technology in classrooms.
- Make recommendations about technology needed for teaching and research.
Curriculum: E. PAVELESCU, Dasinger, Kara, Mishra, Waites
- Work with Assessment Committee on determining the means of assessing coverage of sufficient applications in Calculus and DE sequence and reporting of it.
- Update all course syllabi on web.
Graduate: LEWIS, Bindele, A. Pavelescu, Pillen
- Develop a proposal for expanding graduate program by increasing the number of Graduate students in the program and the number of course offerings.
- Coordinate efforts for recruiting more Graduate students.
- Coordinate efforts for obtaining more funding to support the graduate program.
- Collect information about potential employers for math/stat graduates and what they expect from these students.
- Track our past graduate students (for SACS report)
Library: ZHANG, Kara
- Oversee development of Library holdings.
Outreach: CLONTZ, Armstrong, Lin, Webb
- Liaison with Bishop, MCPSS, and peer departments regarding coverage and presentation of mathematics courses.
- Coordinate departmental recruiting efforts in the local high schools and regional universities in association with Student Affairs Committee.
- Develop polices for more faculty involvement in newly developed Academies in MCPSS high schools.
Scholarship: STRAUB, Lee, Mishra
- Coordinate selection procedures with Student Affairs Committee and recommend students for departmental Scholarships/Awards.
- Oversee Nash competition.
- Identify and encourage students to apply for different scholarships. Help Students with the application process.
- Maintain online scholarship records and update requirements.
Social: WATTIER, Chilukuri, Khair, Pereira De Andrade
- Organize holiday party, end-of-year picnic, and other social events in the department as needed.
Student Affairs: ADAMS, Abeynanda, Farmer, Neal (student rep: B. Roan)
- Revive USA Chapter of Math Honor Society
- Organize departmental representation and display at the “USA Day”
- Organize activities for Mathematics Awareness Month (April)
- Host State Math Contest in Mobile.
Dept Mid-probationary Review, Promotion, and Reappt Committee Chair: FELDVOSS
Tenure and Promotion Sub-committee:
- E. Pavelescu: BYRNE, Pillen, Kosovalic
- Straub: PILLEN, Byrne, Lewis
Mid-probationary Review Subcommittees:
- Lee: LEWIS, Bindele, Byrne
Promotion to Senior Instructor Committee:
- Wattier: PILLEN, Farmer, Dasinger
- Abeynanda: BRICK, Byrne, Kosovalic Bindele
- Adams: BRICK, Dasinger, Whiston
- Armstrong: DARBY, Dasinger, Whiston
- Balena: PROKHOROV, Bindele, Whiston
- Chilukuri: WHISTON, Prokhorov, Darby
- Clontz: PROKHOROV, Lewis, Mishra
- Colarusso: LEWIS, Feldvoss, Prokhorov
- Farmer: MISHRA, Byrne, Whiston
- Kara: PROKHOROV, Byrne, Kosovalic Lewis
- Lin: BINDELE, Brick, Lewis
- Lioi: BINDELE, Prokhorov, Mishra
- Neal: BYRNE, Brick, Kosovalic Mishra
- Pavelescu A: KOSOVALIC LEWIS, Feldvoss, Mishra
- Waites: FARMER, Darby, Bindele
- Webb: DASINGER, Farmer, Darby
- Whiston: MISHRA, Darby, Brick
- Zhang: BINDELE, Brick, Mishra
- MA110: Dasinger
- MTH100-MA112- co-req: Webb (chair), Farmer, Whiston
- MA112: Webb
- MA113: Chilukuri
- MA120: Neal
- MA125, MA126, MA227: Neal
- ST210: Lioi