Welcome to pre-dent! We are excited that you have your sights set on becoming a dentist. You have a long road ahead of you but we are here to help. We will provide information and support as you take the pre-requisite courses up until you start the application and testing process.
▼ Requirements for Dental School
- Most dental schools require the following courses:
- General Chemistry I and II and labs
- Organic Chemistry I and II and labs
- General Biology I and II and labs
- At least one upper level biology course
- Physics I and II and labs (either alg/trig based or calculus based)
- Up to two semesters of College Level Math
- English Composition I and II
- Some schools require other science, math and and/or behavioral sciences. It is important that you research the requirements for those schools in which you are interested. Your pre-health advisor can help you with this research.
- Specific requirements for some area schools can be found at the following links:
- University of Alabama Birmingham School of Dentistry
- University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Dentistry
- University of Florida College of Dentistry
▼ International Students and Medical School
- Many U.S. dental schools welcome international applicants. However, international students may be required to demonstrate English language proficiency as a condition of their admission.
- In order to receive financial aid students must be a permanent resident or citizen of the U.S. Many dental schools, that do accept foreign applicants, require that students prove the ability to finance all 4 years of dental school prior to matriculation..
- The ADEA is a great resource for international students interested in pursuing a dental education in the United States.
Useful links for Pre-Dentistry
American Dental Education Association (ADEA)
ADEA GoDental Enrichment Programs Calendar