Master of Education in Elementary Education
Elementary Education M.Ed.
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Elementary Education is a 30-hour fully online program that provides advanced study for teachers who already hold the Class B Professional Elementary Education (K-6) Certificate. Upon completion of the program, students are eligible for the Class A Professional Elementary Education (K-6) certificate.
- A bachelor's degree from accredited institution of higher education documented on
an official transcript from degree granting institution.
Official Transcripts from all university, college, and post-secondary institutions you attended must be mailed to:
University of South Alabama Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9218
Watertown, MA 02471
(Note: Students who attended and/or graduated from the University of South Alabama are not required to submit a USA transcript.)
- A valid bachelor's-level (Class B) Professional Educator Certificate in the same teaching field in which the Class A Professional Educator Certificate is sought.
- GPA Requirement:
- Regular Admission-requires a minimal grade-point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale based on GPA calculated from degree granting institution.
- Provisional Admission-requires a minimal grade-point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale based on GPA calculated from degree granting institution; or 2.75 GPA based on the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate coursework; or a Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Test score or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) score at or above the 50th percentile.
- Personal statement on applicant's career goals and purpose for graduate study. (Upload document within application.)
Rebecca McMahon Giles, Ph.D.
Ph: (251) 380-2899