Secondary Education M.Ed.
Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Secondary Education
The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Secondary Education is a 30-hour program that provides advanced study for teachers who already hold a Class B certificate in their content area in English Language Arts, Social Studies, Mathematics, or General Science. Many of the courses are offered online or with options for meeting online or on campus. Upon completion of the program, students are eligible for the Class A, 6-12 Content Area Certificate.
1. A bachelor's degree from accredited institution of higher education documented on an official transcript from degree granting institution.
Official Transcripts from all university, college, and post-secondary institutions
you attended must be mailed to:
University of South Alabama Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9218
Watertown, MA 02471
(Note: Students who attended and/or graduated from the University of South Alabama are not required to submit a USA transcript.)
2. A valid bachelor's-level (Class B) Professional Educator Certificate in the same teaching field in which the Class A Professional Educator Certificate is sought.
3. GPA Requirement:
- Regular Admission-requires a minimal grade-point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale based on GPA calculated from degree granting institution.
- Provisional Admission-requires a minimal grade-point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale based on GPA calculated from degree granting institution; or 2.75 GPA based on the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate coursework; or a Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Test score or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) score at or above the 50th percentile.
4. Personal statement on applicant's career goals and purpose for graduate study. (Upload document within application.)
To apply - click here to get to the Admissions login page.
Susan Ferguson Martin, Ph.D.
ESOL, English Language Arts,
Ph: (251) 380-2797
Christopher Parrish, Ph.D.
Ph: (251) 461-1941
Susan Santoli, Ph.D.
Ph: (251) 380-2836
Katie Guffey, Ph.D.
Ph: (251) 380-2853