Mission and Goals
The mission of the College of Nursing is to provide quality, innovative educational programs to a diverse student body, to participate in research and scholarly activities, and to provide service to the University, the profession, and the public. The College accomplishes this by providing a caring, engaging environment for the empowerment of student learning potential, the professional development of faculty, and the promotion of the nursing profession.
- Cultivate a caring, innovative, and engaging environment to facilitate teaching, learning, scholarship, and service.
- Deliver innovative quality nursing programs that meet the needs of a diverse student body and other communities of interest.
- Promote the discovery, communication, and preservation of knowledge through scholarly activities and leadership.
- Provide service to the University, the profession, and the public.
- Develop community partnerships to promote nursing and the enhancement of the healthcare delivery system using interprofessional approaches.