Community Engagement Faculty Fellows
Posted on November 18, 2020 by USA College of Engineering
Congratulations to Dr. Shenghua Wu, Assistant Professor in the Civil, Coastal, and Environmental Engineering Department, for being chosen as a member of the inaugural class of USA Faculty Fellows in Community Engagement for the 2020-2021 academic year!
Dr. Wu was chosen because he demonstrated a personal commitment to learning more about community engagement in order to
- Increase opportunities for students to apply their learning to real-world programs, expand their civil knowledge, and increase their ability to become agents of positive change, experience diversity, and better understand themselves in relation to others.
- Develop new opportunities for students to learn in collaboration with community partners.
- Develop sustainable and impactful relationships with community partners.
- Join a supportive cohort of community-engaged scholars at USA.
- Develop community-based projects connected to his research and teaching goals.
This award is through the Office of Community Engagement and is the selection process is very competitive.
Congratulations Dr. Wu!
South Alabama Ionics Liquid LaboratoryThe Alabama Advanced Solvents Cluster (AASC) led by the South Alabama ...
December 16, 2020
Systems Engineering Approaches for Resilience to Coastal HazardsCoastal resilience is an active area of current research. However, man...
December 14, 2020
Sigma Xi Scientific Honor Society AwardMelanie Lim, double major in the Electrical and Computer Engineering D...
December 12, 2020
IEEE-HKN Governing Board MemberDr. Hulya Kirkici, Chair and instructor in the Electrical and Computer...
December 7, 2020