Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching
Further instructions for downloading software Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching (formerly known as Microsoft Imagine) is now available for the students, staff, and faculty of the School of Computing.
If you have already created a Microsoft Account, you can login directly at https://azureforeducation.microsoft.com/devtools
If you have not yet created your Microsoft Account, follow these steps.
Step 1 (You only need to follow this step if your personal e-mail address is not yet a Microsoft account)
Create a Microsoft Account (MSA) ( you may convert Gmail, Yahoo etc to an MSA) Do not use your southalabama address here. Use a personal e-mail account. Later you will use the southalabama account to verify that you are eligible.
- Go to https://signup.live.com/signup
- Choose the option to create a new account if your account is not a Microsoft Account
- Enter your personal e-mail address along with your preferred password and hit Next. A verification email with be sent to your e-mail address. (Note: Please check your spam or junk folders as the email might land in those folders)
- Enter the code provided to verify your email address.
Step 2 (The first time you login, you will need to verify your account)
Accessing Education Hub
- Go to https://azureforeducation.microsoft.com/devtools
- Click on the blue "Sign in" button.
- Enter your Microsoft Account (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail account etc)
- If you have never logged in before, you will be directed to the verification window.
- Choose the "School-email address verification method". Enter your school-provided email address (edu) and your password. Check your southalabama account. (Note: Please check your spam or junk folders as the email might land to those folders) You should find a verification link. Once you have clicked that link, you will have access to Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching.