Programming and Computer Knowledge (PACK) Camp
The Programming and Computer Knowledge (PACK) Camp at the School of Computing of the University of South Alabama is an introduction to programming concepts with hands-on exercises allowing the student to gain experience with problem solving by using a high-level programming language, Python and other programming tools. We offer three Computer Programming Camps: for students in 10th - 12th grades, for students in 7th - 9th grades, and students in 4th - 6th grades.
Highly motivated, inquisitive students are invited to a five-day non-residential experience at Shelby Hall.
- (1) rising 10th - 12th grade - June 12th - 16th
- (2) rising 7th - 9th grade - June 26th - 30th
- (3) rising 4th - 6th grade - July 10th - 14th
- 8:00 am - 11:30 am
- Registration Fee: $200.00/person (paid online)
- Will be sent an online payment link after acceptance
- Lunch is not provided
- Housing is not provided
- Introduction to a high-level programming language
- Exposure to problem solving techniques
- Hands-On exercises on a computing platform
- Acquiring programming skills that can be useful in your current course work
- A taste of what it is like to be on a college campus and in a college classroom
- Interaction with Computing students, faculty, and staff
Required Documentation to be submitted after you fill out the application:
- Photo Release Form
- USA Liability Release Form
Please email these items to email@example.com.
Deadlines for applying are
- Camp 1 - 5:00 pm on Friday, June 2, 2023
- Camp 2 - 5:00 pm on Friday, June 16, 2023
- Camp 3 - 5:00 pm on Friday, June 30, 2023
We must have a minimum of 10 participants for each camp.
You will be notified if you are selected within one week after the deadline.
A payment link will be sent after you are accepted, and payment must be made within 5 days to keep your place in the camp.