Programming and Computer Knowledge (PACK) Camp
The Programming and Computer Knowledge (PACK) Camp at the School of Computing of the University of South Alabama is an introduction to programming concepts with hands-on exercises allowing the student to gain experience with problem solving by using a high-level programming language, Python. The Computer Programming Camp is for any middle school student, including recent graduates and rising 6th graders.
Highly motivated, inquisitive middle school students are invited to a four-day non-residential experience at Shelby Hall.
- July 11th-15, 2022
- 8:00 am - 11:30 am
- Registration Fee: $200.00/person (paid online)
- Will be sent an online payment link after acceptance
- Lunch is not provided
- Housing is not provided
- Introduction to a high-level programming language
- Exposure to problem solving techniques
- Hands-On exercises on a computing platform
- Acquiring programming skills that can be useful in your current course work
- A taste of what it is like to be on a college campus and in a college classroom
- Interaction with Computing students, faculty, and staff
Required Documentation to be submitted after you fill out the application:
- Photo Release Form
- USA Liability Release Form
Please email these items to email@example.com.
Deadline for applying is 5:00 pm on Friday, June 10, 2022.
We must have a minimum of 10 participants for the camp.
You will be notified if you are selected or not by Friday, June 17, 2022.
A payment link will be sent after you are accepted, and payment must be made within 5 days to keep your place in the camp.