Our career advising staff is here to help you Explore . . . Experience . . . Engage. We assist you with exploring careers & majors, gaining practical-related experience prior to graduation, and preparing you for your professional career and graduate or professional school plans.
Here are some things we can help you do:
- Identify your interests, skills, personality and strengths.
- Make connections between how your interests, skills, and personal goals relate to academic majors
- Choose your major and connect it to a future occupation
- Explore the many career options that are related to your major
- Learn about experiences such as Co-op, Internships, Volunteering, Study Abroad, and involvement in organizations that allow you to develop skills and qualifications that will make you marketable and more competitive upon graduation.
- Perfect your job search correspondence such as your resume, cover letter or job applications.
- Connect you to employers for opportunities to engage, network, and job search through an online career management system, career fairs, information sessions, and other employer sponsored events.
- Explore, evaluate, and prepare for graduate and professional school opportunities.
You are able to meet one-on-one with a Career Advisor throughout the year. Please schedule an appointment in advance by calling (251) 460-6188. We are unable to schedule same day appointments.
Late Appointment Policy:
If arriving more than 10-minutes late for a scheduled appointment, there is a strong likelihood that the appointment will be rescheduled for another day and time. A student who continuously arrives late to scheduled appointments may lose the privilege to schedule appointments in advance and will be required to meet with an advisor through the Walk-In assistance service.