There are a wide variety of benefits to students that work a co-op or internship opportunity. Students have the opportunity to expand their knowledge, learn new skills, and network with potential employers. In addition, students that register their experience with Career Services will have their experience noted on their transcript, they may be eligible for scholarships, or nominated for an award.
- Explore and clarify your major and career goals with professionals in the field, so you'll know if the field is right for you.
- Develop knowledge, competencies, and experience related to your major and career goals—you'll know you can do it and how to do it better.
- Gain practical employment experience that employers look for when hiring college graduates.
- Take responsibility for your own learning and create a more rewarding college experience.
- Establish a network of professional contacts, mentors, and references for after graduation.
- Registering your co-op with our office is an official way to note your experience on your transcript upon satisfactory completion. Students can register if their employer requires recognition by the University or credit is not available through your academic department.
- Maintain your student status if working in a full-time co-op or internship.
Students that register their co-op or internship experience may be eligible to apply for one of the following scholarships.
Upon graduation, those that have successfully completed three or more co-op or internship terms are eligible for nomination for Co-op or Intern of the Year. Application deadlines are shared via email to eligible students. Students may self-nominate or be nominated by their employer.