Document Review Process
Please note, the following process only applies to current undergraduate students.
Upon uploading your documents to Handshake:
- A Career Services team member will review your document
- A label will be given to your document; either ‘Reviewed’ or ‘Changes Suggested’
- A Career Services team member will suggest the next steps (if needed) to ensure your document meets industry standards for quality
- Documents do not require a review in order to apply for positions in Handshake
- Contact Career Services if you need immediate feedback (see below)
To ensure documents are of competitive quality, have them critiqued by Career Services prior to uploading and applying for positions in Handshake. Consider these resources to assist you in building or perfecting your documents:
- Review the Resume Rubric to ensure your resume contains the appropriate content and format.
- Awato document creator assists in creating a resume document from scratch or updating an existing document and receive suggestions. Awato will analyze your job or related industry posting and suggest key words, content, and formatting.
- For information on building and perfecting your resume, visit our Resume Writing page
- For a quick 15 minute review of your resume come for Drop-In Career Advising
- Request a resume critique appointment via Zoom or telephone by contacting our office at (251) 460-6188 or email@example.com