Students that register their co-op or internship with our office or their academic department may be able to apply for one or both of the following scholarships.
Edward Cimino Scholarship
The Edward Cimino Scholarship was established for the purpose of providing financial assistance to a student participating in an internship and/or Co-op outside the 25 mile radius of the University. Students must have an active profile in Handshake (USA Career Services' Career Management System), be a full-time undergraduate with a minimum 2.0 GPA. Preference shall be given to students who have financial need.
This scholarship is named after Edward Cimino, the first Director of the USA Career Services office, who was instrumental in opening the office and developing the cooperative education program.
If you meet the aforementioned qualifications and are interested in applying for this opportunity, please follow the steps below to locate the application.
- Sign into your JagSPOT account, www.southalabama.edu/scholarships.
- Complete and submit your General Application, if you have not already done so.
- Click Opportunities, located in the top dark blue navigation bar.
- Locate the Edward Cimino Scholarship in your Recommended Opportunities listing.
- Click the blue Apply button.
- Complete and submit the application.
Internships in STEM presented by the
The generous philanthropic support of Coca-Cola United will give students the chance to complete a high-impact, work-based experience during the 2021 Summer semester.
The funding is designated to help students from underrepresented populations overcome financial barriers and offset the cost of their internship.
The amount that recipients are awarded will be based on a variety of factors, such as the length of the internship, the location, and if the internship is paid or unpaid.
Students can apply for funding for Summer 2022. Completed applications submitted by the deadline will be evaluated by a committee of faculty and staff members from across campus. Applications will also be reviewed by representatives from Coca-Cola.
The application, distributed only to those students who have attend an internship preparation workshop, consists of personal statement; and a resume.
- Applications will open February 2022.
- A returning student and enrolled at USA for the Fall 2022 semester. Internships should be completed between April 30th and August 17th.
- Must have completed 24 hours by the end of Spring 2022 semester.
- Must be majoring in a
- Must be a registered member of an
- Must register the internship with either the Co-op/Internship program managed by USA Career Services or recognized experiential learning course in your academic department.
- Must have secured an internship for Summer 2021 by the award deadline.*
- Must work the minimum number of hours required by the internship course. **
*Students may apply for funding while still participating in the application/interview process. However, an official offer must be submitted by Friday, May 7th in order to receive funds.
**Minimum required hours vary based upon discipline and department.
In order to access the funding application, students must attend an information session. The information session covers the nuts and bolts of the funded internship program, tips on writing a successful application, as well as information about applying for internships. To schedule your information session, please email Rory Beaco at email@example.com.