Students that register their co-op or internship with our office or their academic department may be able to apply for the following scholarships.
Edward Cimino Scholarship
The Edward Cimino Scholarship was established to provide financial assistance to a student participating in an internship and or Co-op work experience. This scholarship is named after Edward Cimino, the first Director of the USA Career Services office, who was instrumental in opening the office and developing the cooperative education program.
Edward Cimino Scholarship Qualifications:
- The work experience is during the term the scholarship is awarded
- The internship or Co-op is outside the 25-mile radius of the University
- The student has an active profile in Handshake (USA Career Services' Career Management System)
- Full-time undergraduate student
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Preference is given to students with financial need
Applications Status: Currently open
Application Deadline: Monday, July 25 by 11:59 pm
Application Status: Opens Monday, October 17, 2022
Application Deadline: Sunday, December 4, 2022 by 11:59 pm
Application Status: Opens Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Application Deadline: Sunday May 7, 2023 by 11:59 pm
- Sign in to your JagSPOT account, www.southalabama.edu/scholarships.
- Click on the Search Bar, located in the upper right corner of the screen
- Search for the Edward Cimino Scholarship
- Click the Apply button
- Complete the application
- Upload your resume and offer letter.
- Write a 300 - 500 word essay explaining how will this co-op or internship will assist you in your career development and describe your financial need.
If you have questions, please contact Natalie Weston at firstname.lastname@example.org or (251) 460-6197.