USA Campus Department Handshake Registration
Campus departments are encouraged to post student employment positions in Handshake. For positions related to work-study, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.
Important Note: When you initially create your employer account, please preface your campus department with 'University of South Alabama' including the applicable office (or division) name, e.g., 'University of South Alabama Southbound New Student Orientation'.
- Access https://southalabama.joinhandshake.com/login. If you are a returning user, sign in with your email address. New users will need
to create a user profile by selecting 'Sign up for an Account'.
- Select 'Employer' account and complete your user profile information. Once completed,
you will receive a verification email.
- After verifying your profile information, you will see a list of existing University
of South Alabama departments. If you do not see your department, you will need to
create a company profile by selecting 'New Company'. Enter 'company information' as
related to your department. e.g. size of company = the # of staff in your department.
- Once you have created your company profile, request to connect with the 'University
of South Alabama'.
- Your account will be pending for review and will be approved within 2-3 business days.
Once approved, you will be able to log in to Handshake and post your on-campus student
employment positions and department-related events.
For help getting started, visit Handshake's support.