USA Recognizes Greek Organizations for Outstanding Contributions
Posted on April 26, 2018
The Office of Greek Life at the University of South Alabama honored sorority and fraternity members for outstanding service, leadership and academic achievement at the recent 2017-2018 Greek Awards Banquet. These organizations raised more than $109,000 for philanthropy this year, and dedicated nearly 30,000 hours toward service projects.
The awards ceremony recognized the fraternities and sororities who are members of the Interfraternity (IFC), College Panhellenic (CPC) and National Pan-Hellenic (NPHC) councils.
- Alpha Omicron Pi of CPC, Alpha Kappa Alpha of NPHC and Pi Kappa Phi of IFC received the Dean’s Cup, the highest honor given to the USA Greek-letter organizations.
- Janie Arnold of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc. of NPHC and Kimberly Molaison of Alpha Gamma Delta Fraternity of CPC were each named Greek Woman of the Year.
- William Riddick of Alpha Phi Alpha of NPHC and Braden Urban of Kappa Alpha Order of IFC were each named Greek Man of the Year.
- Outstanding New Member awards were presented to Shelby Guidry of Alpha Omicron Pi Fraternity of CPC and Julius Enriquez of Phi Kappa Sigma Fraternity of IFC. Outstanding Neophyte Awards awarded to Michael Simmons of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. and LaTya McCall of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.
- The NPHC Program of the Year was awarded to the Epsilon Upsilon Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. for their program, Breast Cancer Carnival.
- The Community Service Award for NPHC was presented to the Epsilon Upsilon Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. The Daisy Ann Keeton Award for community service for CPC was awarded to the Beta Theta Chapter of Chi Omega Fraternity. The Community Service award for IFC was presented to the Gamma Phi Chapter of Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity.
- Campus Involvement awards were presented to the Theta Delta Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. of NPHC, the Gamma Delta Chapter of Alpha Omicron Pi Fraternity of CPC and the Eta Epsilon Chapter of Sigma Chi Fraternity of IFC.
- The Intramural Sports awards were given to Chi Omega Fraternity of the Beta Theta Chapter of CPC, and Sigma Chi Fraternity of the Eta Epsilon Chapter of IFC.
Latest University News
South, Hancock Whitney in Stadium PartnershipUniversity and bank officials announce the naming of Hancock Whitney S...
January 15, 2019
South Picks Up Ten in 40 Under 40USA alumni and employees highlight the annual Mobile Bay Magazine feat...
January 7, 2019
South Wins Grant to Expand Global StudiesThe nearly $500,000 grant will enhance language offerings and global h...
January 7, 2019
A Judge Who Cares Builds a NESTCircuit Judge Edmond Naman co-founded a group to mentor at-risk youth....
January 2, 2019