Office of Contracts and Grants
The Office of Contracts and Grants (OCG) is the administrative unit within the College
that provides leadership in the identification, development and coordination of public
and private grant development activities consistent with the college mission, goals,
and strategic initiatives. The Director of Office of Contracts and Grants reports
to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and is responsible for:
Assisting in the conceptualization of projects, acting as lead writer to support institution-wide grant applications, and provides technical assistance in grant application and management.
- Administration of all sponsored programs including submitting, negotiating and receiving awards on behalf of the College.
- Supervising the management of externally sponsored research awards and research accounting.
- Collaborating with faculty researchers, department chairs, college and school deans, and administrative officers.
- Serves as expert and arbiter to Principal Investigators for interpretation, explanation and application of external sponsor research regulations and CSU policies.
- Planning and conducting an orientation session for faculty and student researchers as appropriate.
The College of Education and Professional Studies recognizes that consulting activities
are often an element of continuing professional development for the faculty and can
provide faculty members with experiences that may result in enhanced scholarship and
teaching. As such, the College encourages the active involvement of the faculty in
appropriate activities within the scope of University policy.
The Office of the Vice President for Research has the institutional responsibility for the development of University policies regarding all aspects of research, including faculty consulting. The College complies with all aspects of the University policy on consulting and faculty members within the College are directed to become familiar with all pertinent University policies.
Click here to view pertinent University policies and related forms for reporting research and consulting activities.
- Pathway to Science- National Science Foundation
- Pathway to Mathematics- National Science Foundation
- The Alabama Math Science and Technology Initiative (AMSTI)- Alabama State Department of Education and and US Department of Education
- AMSTI- Fellows Project-Alabama State Department of Education
- AMSTI- Professional Development Program- Alabama State Department of Education and US Department of Education