College of Education and Professional Studies Research
Dr. Burke Johnson
Dr. Burke Johnson’s work in the area of mixed methods research is receiving considerable attention nationally and internationally. Dr. Johnson is a Professor in the Department of Counseling and Instructional Sciences and an expert on research methods particularly mixed methods research and program evaluation. He recently helped start a new international organization – Mixed Methods International Research Association of which he serves currently as Executive Director. Dr. Johnson received the College of Education 2013 Award for Excellence in Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity, and was recognized as a Distinguished Mentor by the American Educational Research Association in 2013. During the last year Dr. Johnson has also conducted several invited and international presentations on his work. These include:
- Keynote and mixed methods workshop presenter for American Association for Agricultural Education National Conference (May 22, 2014).
- Workshop with Kathy Collins, “An Introduction to Mixed Methods Research” at Mixed Methods International Research Association Conference, Boston, MA (June 27, 2014).
- Invited speaker at American Educational Research Association (AERA) (April 2014)
- Invited mixed methods workshop, Department of Geosciences, University of Fribourg (including doctoral students from a number of universities in Switzerland), March 21, 2014.
- Mixed methods workshop, Helmut-Schmidt-Universität, Hamburg, Germany, March 19, 2014.
- Universidad Tecnica Particular de Loja, Ecuador. Workshops on quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods research, December 10-12, 2014.
- Invited mixed methods research mini-course teacher for the National Graduate School of Educational Research, University of Oslo, March 19-20, 2013.