Advanced education nurses with a Nursing Informatics specialty will be equipped to integrate relevant knowledge and skills related to healthcare informatics into practice and participate in interdisciplinary affiliations to positively influence patient outcomes.
All courses are online and clinicals can be arranged in your own community (in most cases). The interactive online classroom provides opportunities for active learning, discussion, problem solving, debating, critical thinking, research, networking, and community building.
This program prepares graduates to enhance the quality of patient care and outcomes through the development, implementation, and evaluation of health-related information management tools and systems using a variety of electronic methods.
The Nursing Informatics program does not require completion of a certification exam for program completion nor upon graduation.
MSN Core Courses
- NU 607 - Scientific Underpinnings of Advanced Nursing Practice 3 credits
- NU 608 - Evidence-Based Practice and Quality Improvement in Healthcare 3 credits
- NU 610 - Healthcare Policy and Finance 3 credits
- NU 613 - Organizational & Systems Leadership 3 credits
Nursing Informatics Specialty Courses
- ISC 550 - Health Data Security and Computers (3 credit hours)
- ISC 555 - Health Data Management and Decision Support Systems (3 credit hours)
- NU 539 - Introduction to Nursing Informatics (3 credit hours)
- NU 553 Administrative Concepts 2 credit hours
- NU 554 Resource Management Field Study – 60 Field Study Hours 1 credit hour
- NU 556 - Informatics and Quality of Care Improvement (3 credit hours)
- NU 557 - Clinical Informatics Practicum I - 120 clinical hours (2 credit hours)
- NU 558 - Seminar in Nursing Informatics (3 credit hours)
- NU 559 - Clinical Informatics Practicum II - 120 clinical hours (2 credit hours)
- NU 565 - Nursing Administration Finance (3 credit hours)
RN to MSN students who are registered nurses with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a non-nursing discipline must also complete the following courses.
|NU 404 - Evidence Based Practice & Informatics 3 credit hours|
|NU 450 - Leadership & Management Roles for Professional Nursing Practice 4 credit hours|
|NU 452 - Clinical Prevention and Population Health 4 credit hours|
|NU 518 - Advanced Nursing Assessment 3 credit hours|