Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, New York University, Poly School of Engineering, 1990
M.S. Physics, Middle East Technical University, 1984
B.S. Physics, Middle East Technical University, 1981
Professor and Chair, ECE Dept., University of South Alabama, July 2016 - present
Professor, ECE Dept., Auburn University, 1992-2016
Electrical insulation of aerospace and space power systems operating in subatmospheric conditions and using high frequency switching conversion.
Pulsed power engineering and repetitive pulsed power systems to study breakdown characteristics of novel dielectrics, such as nano/micro-dielectrics and biodielectrics.
Compact plasma switches and vacuum electronic device development using advanced materials, such as carbon nanotubes (CNTs).
Nanosecond respective pulsed plasmas and temporally and spatially resolved electrical and optical diagnostics techniques to understand physical mechanisms, and laser application.
Lasers /Lidar systems optical beam propagation / beam shaping systems design
- Yunus Bicen, Faruk Aras, and Hulya Kirkici, “Lifetime Estimation and Monitoring of Power Transformer Considering Annual Load Factors,” IEEE Transactions Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, Vol. 21, Issue 3, pp. 25-33, 2014 1.
- M.E. Baginski, H. Lu, B.T. Caudle, H. Kirkici, “Optimal Design of an N-Stage Nonlinear Transmission Line Based on Genetic Algorithm and LTspice,” IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Volume: 41 Issue: 8, Part: 3 Page(s): 2408 – 2414, 2013
- Chung-Nan Tsai and Hulya Kirkici, “Field Emission Characteristic of Selectively Grown Carbon Nanotubes (CNTs),” IEEE Trans. on Electron Devices, Vol. 60, pp 478-82, 2013
- H. Zhao and H. Kirkici, “Carbon Nanotube (CNT) triggered Pseudospark Switch,” IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 40, issue: 9, pp: 2225-2231, 2012
- Mert Serkan and Hulya Kirkici, “Reshaping a Divergent Elliptical Gaussian Laser Beam into a Circular, Collimated, and Uniform Beam with Aspherical Lens Design,” IEEE Sensors Journal, Volume 9, Issue 1, Page(s):36 – 44, Jan. 2009
- Kalyan Koppisetty and Hulya Kirkici; “Breakdown Characteristics of Helium and Nitrogen at kHz Frequency Range in Partial Vacuum for Point-to-Point Electrode Configuration,” IEEE Transactions Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, Vol. 15, pp. 749-55, June 2008
- Hulya Kirkici, Mert Serkan, Kalyan Koppisetty, “Nano/Micro Dielectric Surface Flashover in Partial Vacuum,” IEEE Transactions Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, Volume 14, Page(s):790 - 795 August 2007
- Wheeler G. Foshee, III, Hulya Kirkici, John Y. Hung, Eugene K. Blythe, Aditya Goel, and Glenn R. Wehtje, “Seedling Emergence of Smallflower Morningglory and Green Foxtail Subjected to a Pulsed Electric Field,” International Journal of Vegetable Science, vol. 13, No: 1, pp 61-72, 2007
IEEE Fellow, Class of 2017 (IEEE member since 1986)
Member • American Physical Society (APS), since 1984
Mobile Area Council of Engineers, IEEE Outstanding Engineers Award recipient, February 2017