Dr. Saeed Latif
Associate Professor Electrical Engineering
- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, University of Manitoba, Canada
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Manitoba, Canada
- B.S. Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology
- Large-scale antenna arrays for 4G/5G wireless systems
- Metasurface for millimeter wave applications
- Miniaturized antennas for satellite applications
- Antennas and sensors for biomedical devices
- Antennas for radar detection and biomedical imaging
- Antenna concepts using engineered and low loss materials
- F. Mansoor, and Saeed I. Latif, “A Planar Elliptical Slotted Patch Antenna without any Matching Liquid for Biomedical Application,” International Journal of Bioautomation, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 199-208, 2020.
- M.M. Hossain, M. Qudrat-E-Maula, Saeed I. Latif, and, E. Spencer, “A Dual-Band Circularly Polarized Printed Antenna for Deep Space CubeSat Communication”, Proc. 34th Annual Small Satellite Conference, August 2020, pp. 1-5.
- M.M.R.H. Tanmoy, Saeed I. Latif, A.T. Almutawa, and F. Capolino, “Small-Scale Beam Scanning with an Ultrathin High Impedance Surface-Based Leaky Wave Antenna with Multiple Feeds”, Proc. IEEE International Microwave Symposium (IMS2020), Los Angeles, CA, June 21-26, 2020
- Saeed I. Latif, C.M. Austin, J. Chatham, B. Stewart, T. Stubblefield, and D.A. Nelson, “A Novel Transducer for Measurement of Skin Blood Flow using Radio Frequency Energy,” ASME Journal of Engineering and Science in Medical Diagnostics and Therapy, vol. 2, no. 6, 2019, 6 pages.
- T.E. Moat, Saeed I. Latif, G.Y. Lazarou and S. Sajal, “Large-Scale Planar Arrays with Orthogonal Elements for 5G Mobile Terminals,” Proc. 2019 IEEE International Conference on Electro Information Technology (EIT), Brookings, SD, USA, 2019, pp. 363-366.
- K.Q. Henderson, Saeed I. Latif, G.Y. Lazarou, S.K. Sharma, and A. Tabbal, “Multi-slot antennas excited by novel dual-stub loaded microstrip lines for 4G LTE bands,” Journal of Progress in Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 75, pp. 1-12, 2018.
- Saeed I. Latif and S.K. Sharma, “Frequency Reconfigurable Antennas” in ‘Multifunctional Antennas and Arrays for Adaptive Communication Systems’, Eds. S.K. Sharma and S. Chieh, Wiley, Submitted: October 2020
- Z.A. Pour, Saeed I. Latif, M. Qudrat-E-Maula, and L. Shafai, “Coaxial cavity waveguide antennas excited by stacked circular microstrip patches for use as prime-focus reflector feeds,” International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer Aided Engineering, vol. 27, no. 4, DOI 10.1002/mmce.21076, 2017
- D. Flores Tapia, D.R. Herrera, M.S. Nepote, N. Kopotun, Saeed I. Latif, O. Maizlish, L. Fu, Y. Gui, C.-M. Hu, and S. Pistorius, “Experimental feasibility of multistatic holography for breast microwave radar image reconstruction,” Medical Physics, vol. 43, pp. 4674, 2016
- L. Shafai, Z.A. Pour, Saeed I. Latif, and A. Rashidian, “Circularly Polarized Antennas,” in ‘Handbook of Antenna Technologies,’ Ed.: Z. N. Chen, Springer, 2016
- Saeed I. Latif, D.A. Nelson, and V. La, “An on-body conformal printed array antenna at mmWave frequencies for healthcare applications,” Proc. 17th International Symposium on Antenna Technology and Applied Electromagnetics (ANTEM), Montreal, QC, Canada, pp. 1-2, July 10-13, 2016
- Saeed I. Latif, D. Flores-Tapia, S. Pistorius, and L. Shafai, “Design and performance analysis of the miniaturised water-filled double-ridged horn antenna for active microwave imaging applications,” IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, vol. 9, no. 11, August 2015, pp. 1173-1178
- Saeed I. Latif, L. Shafai, and C. Shafai, “An engineered conductor for the gain and efficiency improvement of miniaturized microstrip antennas,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, vol. 55, no. 2, April 2013, pp. 77-90
- Saeed I. Latif, and L. Shafai, “Investigation on the EM-coupled stacked square ring antennas with ultra-thin spacing,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas & Propagation, vol. 59, no. 11, November 2011, pp. 3978-3990
- Saeed I. Latif, and L. Shafai, “Pattern equalization of circular patch antennas using different substrate permittivities and ground plane sizes,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas & Propagation, vol. 59, no. 10, October 2011, pp. 3502-3511
- Saeed I. Latif, and L. Shafai, "Polarization characteristics of multi-band loaded microstrip annular ring antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas & Propagation, vol. 57, no. 9, September 2009, pp. 2788-2793
- Saeed I. Latif, L. Shafai and S.K. Sharma, "Bandwidth enhancement and size reduction of microstrip slot antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas & Propagation, vol. 53, no. 3, March 2005, pp. 994-1003
For a complete list of publications, please see CV.
- EG 101 Introduction to Engineering
- EG 231 Introduction to Ethics and Economics
- EE 220 Circuit Analysis
- EE 223 Network Analysis
- EE 227 Circuits and Devices Lab
- EE 268 Digital Logic Design Lab
- EE 302 Computer Methods
- EE 354 Electromagnetics I
- EE 355 Electromagnetics II
- EE 372 Introduction to Communications
- EE 444/544 Wireless Networks
- EE 453/553 Antenna Theory and Design
- EE 471/571 Wireless Communication