“I believe that giving to the USA College of Engineering is a wonderful opportunity to help students pay for their education. Sometimes it helps disadvantaged students pay their tuition; sometimes it assists in recruiting some of the brightest students; and sometimes it allows the college to purchase extra equipment required to demonstrate an engineering theory for students. But in the long-run, it’s about the students and how prepared they will be to advance the state of engineering in the state of Alabama and the world. If we all give what we can, it will work out fine.” - Perry A. Hand, P.E. & P.L.S.
USA’s College of Engineering strives to provide students with high-quality and accessible undergraduate and graduate engineering education. One of the ways we are able to make this possible is through scholarship support. Through scholarships we can recruit and retain highly motivated students and provide them with opportunities to achieve their educational goals.
Supporting existing scholarships or creating new scholarships is a chance to invest in a University of South Alabama student and the future of the engineering industry. There are a variety of options available to donors who wish to support student scholarships. A one-time gift can be given or an endowment can be created to ensure your gift continues to support our students in perpetuity. A minimum gift of $10,000 will establish a named endowed scholarship fund. Such a gift may be made through payments extended over a period of time.
- Securities - Giving stocks, bonds or mutual funds that have increased in value may help you reduce taxes and conserve cash.
- Retirement plan distributions - These assets can be a practical resource for charitable gifts now or in your long-range estate plans.
- Life insurance policies - Using life insurance for gifts to University of South Alabama can be a convenient way to make a tax-effective gift.
- Real estate - An often overlooked resource, real estate can be an excellent way to make a meaningful gift that could enhance your income or generate tax savings.
- Other items of value (jewelry, artwork, collections, antiques, automobiles, etc.)
- For more information, please visit http://bit.ly/usaplannedgiving or contact Angela Dunn at (251) 460-7906 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The world of engineering and technology is ever-changing. In order to prepare our students for their professional careers, we strive to have laboratory and classroom experiences that are state-of-the-art and mirror what is happening in the engineering profession outside of the classroom. In addition to preparation for our existing students, our laboratory and classroom spaces help us recruit high-quality undergraduate and graduate students. Your financial support for our laboratories and classrooms makes an immediate impact on our students and the future of engineering.
To give today, select Engineering Laboratory Equipment Initiative.
Resources for Donors
We sincerely appreciate your interest in investing in the College of Engineering and assisting future engineering professionals in pursuing their dreams. The Office of Development and Alumni Relations is dedicated to helping you achieve your goals. Please visit the Development website or contact our College Development Specialist to explore your giving options.
Meet the Staff
Director | University Development
650 Clinic Dr. TRP III Suite 1500
Mobile, AL 36688