Summer Engineering Academy (SEA)
The Summer Engineering Academy (SEA) at the College of Engineering of the University of South Alabama is a great opportunity to discover all engineering fields and get hands-on engineering experience.
SEA is for any rising 10th and 11th grader. We will consider 9th and 12th graders if space allows.
Highly motivated, inquisitive rising 10th and 11th graders are invited to a one-week non-residential experience at Shelby Hall.
- June 27th - July 1st
- 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Friday, July 1st ends at 1:00 pm
- Registration Fee: $285/person (credit card online)
- Non-refundable unless not selected
- Lunch is provided
- Housing is not provided
- Exposure to electrical, civil, computer and mechanical engineering and their subdisciplines
- Exploration of engineering by hands-on activities
- Interactions with engineering students, faculty and professional engineers
- Group and individual engineering
- A taste of college life
- Spend a week exploring research and careers in engineering
- Perform hands-on engineering projects
- Learn how to stay organized with your engineering adventures
- Acquire programming skills that you can use in your adventures in science, technology, engineering, arts, and math
- Get to know the bare-bones of automation (microcontrollers, sensors, actuators) and apply it to build useful engineering systems
Required Documentation to be submitted with application:
- Application (google form)
- Copy of your current report card
- Recommendation Letter (preferably from a science or mathematics teacher)
- One-paragraph essay describing your personal and career interests
- Photo Release Form
- USA Insurance Form
*The google form application goes directly to the College. There is no need to include this information with you other documents.
You will be notified if you are selected or not by June 6, 2022.
***Scholarships are available to those who demonstrate need and meet the criteria. Please be prepared to clearly explain the need for this assistance. A scholarship will cover a portion of the registration fee. Please contact Ms. Nani Perez Uribe for more information at email@example.com
Deadline to apply: May 31, 2022