New Student Orientation
Registered Student Organizations are welcome to participate in the Browsing Session of New Student Orientation. Reserve a spot for your organization at June Orientation Sessions by July 2, 2019.
Browsing Session Information
The Browsing Session is a campus fair style event in which Student Organizations are welcome to attend and recruit members. Registration is required for Student Organizations to attend.
June 4th, June 6th, June 11th, June 13th, June 18th, June 20th,
July 9th, July 11th, July 13th, & July 18th
Location: Student Center, downstairs lobbies
Check In & Set Up: Check in at the Student Life Suite between 1:30 pm and 1:50 pm on Orientation days. Organization set up and/or marking or reserving a table before the designated check in time will result in one absence per occurrence and applied to your maximum absences allowed.*
Organization displays should be set up and prepared to greet new students by 1:55 pm.
Clean Up & Break Down: Student Organization members are responsible for the clean up of the space used by members during Orientation sessions.
What to Bring: Examples of items to use at your organization's table include, but are not limited to trifold display boards, posters, flyers or pamphlets, and promotional items or giveaways.
What to Wear: An organization t-shirt and jeans or shorts would be perfect. Please keep attire school spirited and appropriate for meeting new students.
How to Reserve a Table for Organizations: Reserve a spot here. Organizations will receive a confirmation or rejection notification within five (5) business days of submitting the reservation form. Have the following information ready when completing the reservation form: dates your organization will participate and the name of the contact person for your organization.
- Organization members are encouraged to wear their organization's t-shirt or a South Alabama t-shirt to the browsing sessions.
- Due to space restrictions, organizations may have a maximum of 3 organization members at their table at all times. Any organization members in attendance exceeding 3 in number will need to move throughout the space in order to network with any potential members.
- Student Organizations will be expected to attend ALL sessions they have signed up for. A maximum of two (2) absences will be allowed. After two absences, your organization will not be allowed to attend any of the other sessions.
- Setting up and/or marking a table before the designated check in time will result in an absence and will be applied to your organization's "maximum of two absences allowed."
- Table assignments will be first come first serve. Student Organization members must check in with the front desk attendant in the Student Life Suite between 1:30 pm & 1:50 pm before setting up and/or marking a table. Check in after 2:30 will count as "tardy". Two (2) Tardies will equal one (1) absence
- No items may be stored in the Student Center! You are responsible for the display and promotional items belonging to your organization, and the storage and maintenance of those items.
- Organization members are not permitted to sit in the chairs and move furniture throughout the Student Center during the browsing fair. If an organization will be needing a chair(s) for any extenuating circumstance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.