New Student Orientation
Registered Student Organizations are welcome to participate in the Browsing Session of New Student Orientation. Reserve a spot for your organization at June Orientation Sessions by May 31, 2018.
Browsing Session Information
The Browsing Session is a campus fair style event in which Student Organizations are welcome to attend and recruit members. Registration is required for Student Organizations to attend.
June 5th, June 7th, June 12th, June 14th, June 19th, June 21st, July 10th, July 12th, July 17th, & July 19th
Location: Student Center, downstairs lobbies
Check In & Set Up: Check in at the Student Life Suite at 1:45 pm on Orientation days. Organization set up and/or marking or reserving a table before the designated check in time will result in one absence per occurrence and applied to your maximum absences allowed.*
Organization displays should be set up and prepared to greet new students by 2:00 pm.
Clean Up & Break Down: Student Organization members are responsible for the clean up of the space used by members during Orientation sessions.
What to Bring: Examples of items to use at your organization's table include, but are not limited to trifold display boards, posters, flyers or pamphlets, and promotional items or giveaways.
What to Wear: An organization t-shirt and jeans or shorts would be perfect. Please keep attire school spirited and appropriate for meeting new students.
How to Reserve a Table for Organizations: Reserve a spot here. Organizations will receive a confirmation or rejection notification within five (5) business days of submitting the reservation form. Have the following information ready when completing the reservation form: dates your organization will participate and the name of the contact person for your organization.
- Reservations for June Orientation dates will be made available in May, and reservations for July dates will be made available during the last week of June.
- Student Organizations are allowed a total of only two (2) absences. After the second absence, an organization will lose its reservation and will not be welcome to participate in the remaining New Student Orientation sessions. *Organization table set up prior to 1:45 pm will counted as one absence per occurrence.
- Space is limited, so please limit the number of organization representatives to three (3) students. Additionally, display items should not take up more space than the top of a six foot display table (a.k.a. skinny folding tables). Anything larger needs approval from Student Activities staff prior to set up.
- No items may be stored in the Student Center! You are responsible for the display and promotional items belonging to your organization, and the storage and maintenance of those items.
- Chairs are reserved for incoming students only, and organization members should be prepared to stand. If an organization member will be in need of a chair during the orientation browsing sessions, contact email@example.com in advance.