Dr. Khandokar Mohammad Istiak
Dr. Istiak’s research interests include macroeconomics, monetary economics, and financial economics.
- Ph.D. in Economics, University of Calgary, Canada
- M.A. in Economics, University of Arizona
- M.S.S. in Economics, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- B.S.S. in Economics, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
"Risk, Uncertainty, and Leverage." (with A. Serletis). Economic Modelling 91 (2020), 257-273.
"Impact of US Policy Uncertainty on Mexico: Evidence from Linear and Nonlinear Tests." (with Md. Alam). Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance (2019, in press)
"The Nature of Shadow Bank Leverage Shocks on the Macroeconomy." The North American Journal of Economics and Finance 50 (2019), 1-12.
"Economic Policy Uncertainty and Real Output: Evidence from the G7 Countries." (with A. Serletis). Applied Economics 50 (39) (2018), 4222-4233.
"Monetary Policy and Leverage Shocks." (with A. Serletis). International Journal of Finance & Economics 22 (2017), 115-128.
"Financial Intermediary Leverage Spillovers." (with A. Serletis). Research In International Business and Finance 39 (2017), 1000-1007.
"Are the Responses of the U.S. Economy Asymmetric to Positive and Negative Money Supply Shocks?" (with A. Serletis). Open Economies Review 27 (2016), 303-316.
"A Note on Leverage and the Macroeconomy." (with A. Serletis). Macroeconomic Dynamics 20 (2016), 429-445.
- ECO 590 Forecasting Business Dynamics
- ECO 453 Introduction to Econometrics
- ECO 316 Intermediate Macroeconomics
- ECO 216 Principles of Macroeconomics