The Information Security Office is committed to lowering the risk profile of the University’s electronic information by implementing industry best practices to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of student, faculty, and staff information. We uphold the University’s compliance obligations by developing information security policies, providing security awareness training, and overseeing the implementation of strategic information security initiatives.
Cyber Security Alerts
Remote Desktop Services Remote Code Execution Vulnerability (CVE-2019-0708)
- Disable Remote Desktop Services if they are not required.
- Install the May 2019 'Monthly Rollup' or specific security update for your operating
- Upgrade to the latest version of Windows if you are using an outdated Windows operating
- Enable Network Level Authentication (NLA) on systems running supported editions of
Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Block TCP port 3389 at the enterprise perimeter firewall.
For more information visit:
Cyber Security Video of the Month