The Community Director (CD) position is a graduate assistantship within the department of Housing at the University of South Alabama. The Community Director position is a live-in senior staff member responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of a community that ranges from 200 to 500 residents. The Community Director supervises the paraprofessional staff consistent with the university mission to develop a safe, student centered, living-learning environment; the environment should foster student growth, leadership development, diversity, and multiculturalism as well as personal, spiritual, cognitive, emotional and academic success. The Community Director position is supervised by a Coordinator of Residence Education who provides overall community management and direction.
Please browse our CD Recruitment Guide for a full description. For questions or additional information, contact USA Housing at (251) 341-4663.
The Conference Assistant (CA) is a student assistant position within the department of Housing at the University of South Alabama (South). Appointments are made on a temporary basis during the employment period of May 6, 2019 – August 18, 2019. Review the full CA Position Description to learn the duties, responsibilities, requirements, and qualifications associated with the CA position. Candidates will be notified of their eligibility via JagMail after final review of submitted applications (see timeline below).
If you have questions after reviewing the position description (see link above), please contact Lauren McAnally, Asst. Manager of Housing Business Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org or (251) 341-3814.
SUMMER 2019 CA SELECTION TIMELINE
- April 1, 2019 (Monday) – Priority Application Deadline
- April 2, 2019 (Tuesday) – Eligible candidates will receive a link via JagMail to sign up for an interview time.
- April 5, 2019 (Friday) – Eligible candidates will receive an individual email to confirm their interview time, date, and location.
- April 8-12, 2019 (Monday - Friday) – CA Interviews
- April 15, 2019 (Wednesday) – All CA selections announced via JagMail.
2018-2019 DA INTEREST SESSIONS
Attend one of these optional sessions for more information
- Aug 29th @ 10 AM - On-Campus & Part Time Job Fair, Student Center Ballroom
The summer Facilities Assistant (FA) is a student assistant position within Housing Facilities at the University of South Alabama. The Housing Facilities team serves to support the day to day operations of the USA Housing Facilities. The Facilities Assistant is supervised, hired, and trained by the Coordinator of Housing Facilities & Services.
To find out more, including additional requirements and qualifications review the full FA Position Description. If you still have questions after viewing, please contact Monica Davidson, Chair of the FA Selection Process at email@example.com or (251) 460-7655.
SUMMER 2019 FA SELECTION TIMELINE
- February 11, 2019 (Monday) – Priority Application Deadline
- February 12, 2019 (Tuesday) – Eligible candidates will receive a link via JagMail to submit their schedule of availability for interview week
- February 15, 2019 (Friday) – Eligible candidates will receive an individual email to confirm their interview time, date, and location
- February 25-March 1, 2019 (Monday-Friday) – FA Interviews
- March 13, 2019 (Wednesday) – All FA selections announced via JagMail
USA Housing is currently accepting applications for dynamic, dedicated, and enthusiastic students who are interested in becoming Resident Assistants at South.
The interview process for the Resident Assistant position occurs early each spring semester (see timeline below). All communication regarding your candidacy will be sent to your University email account (JagMail).
The RA application (below) includes the full position description and reference request form. If you still have questions after accessing the application, please contact the RA recruitment team at RArecruitment@southalabama.edu or (251) 460-7088.
Attending an Interest Session is a great way to learn more about the position and all that it entails (see dates below). You must attend one (1) interest session to be an eligible candidate. We look forward to your candidacy!
2019-2020 RA INTEREST SESSIONS
- 11/5/18 (Mon.) – Beta/Gamma Commons @ 6:00 PM
- 11/6/18 (Tues.) – Stokes Hall Classroom @ 8:00 PM
- 11/9/18 (Fri.) – Epsilon 2 TV Room @ 3:00 PM
- 11/12/18 (Mon.) – Azalea Hall Classroom @ 6:00 PM
- 11/13/18 (Tues.) – Epsilon 1 TV Room @ 8:00 PM
- 11/14/18 (Wed.) – Dining Hall Meeting Room @12:00 PM
- 11/27/18 (Tues.) – Stokes Hall Classroom @ 8:00 PM
- 11/30/18 (Fri.) – Azalea Hall Classroom @ 3:00 PM
2019-2020 RA SELECTION TIMELINE
November 30, 2018 – RA applications due by 5PM
January 11, 2019 – All applicants notified of application status via JagMail (invitations for interview sign-up will be included)
January 26, 2019 – RA Group Process Interviews
January 28- Feb. 2 - RA Individual Process Interviews
February 13, 2019 – All applicants notified of selection status via JagMail
February 21, 2019 – RA Placement and Signing Day Event