To help keep you informed, in case you missed it in the Traffic Rules and Regulations, we wanted to highlight some key areas of change or clarification in regards to parking on campus this year.
- Residential Students are prohibited from parking in Commuter Zones until after 3:45 pm M-F. With a little pre-planning, walking, biking or utilizing JagTran from the residential areas (including Central House on Stadium), are great alternatives to driving to class! Staying parked in the residential areas and not parking in commuter lots, not only leaves spaces open for commuter students who don’t already have on-campus parking for their vehicles, it also reduces traffic loads and driver frustration for everyone on campus throughout the day. Additional parking for Residents is in the Auxiliary West lot located behind Greek Housing.
- Beta/Gamma residents are issued a Beta/Gamma Permit are prohibited from parking in Commuter Zones until after 3:45 pm M-F. They may park in any residential zone except Central House on Stadium.
- Central House on Stadium Residents Central House residents are considered on campus residents and will be issued a USA Residential permit to display alongside their Central House decal.
- Faculty/staff (Blue) spaces in the Residential zone are enforced 24 hours a day. This means no overnight parking in designated blue employee spaces without an employee permit.
- Only COMMUTER students are permitted to park in the Mitchell Center gravel parking lot when it is available (it is subject to further restriction or full closure at the discretion of Mitchell Center management). Residential permits (including the Central House) are not permitted until after 3:45 pm.
- Meisler Hall lot is a TOUR VISITOR ONLY lot. There are no student parking spaces available in this lot. Students will need to park in their respective zones until 3:45pm and in student spaces thereafter to visit Meisler Hall.
- Outstanding Ticket Fines-Students with an outstanding parking ticket balance of $200 or more will have a registration hold placed on their account. Returning students should promptly log on to their parking account and ensure that if they have a balance from prior semesters, that it doesn’t exceed $199. If so, the balance will need to be reduced below that threshold to avoid the registration hold for the next semester. Any citations not appealed within 20 days of issuance are considered FINAL. For more information on citation appeals, check out the Traffic & Parking Regulations on the Parking Services webpage.
- Visitor Parking Spaces are reserved for official guests of the university with a valid Official Visitor Parking Permit. Students and employees are prohibited from parking in Official Visitor Parking spaces and must park in their respective zones/spaces. Students, employees and University departments are responsible for informing their guests of the need to have an an Official Visitor Parking permit.
- Dining Hall for Commuter Students/Employees Commuter students and employees are strongly encouraged to utilize JagTran or walk to the Fresh Food Company on Tonsmeire Dr. However, if your vehicle displays a valid university parking permit, you may park in this lot for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Game Day Parking - Greek Housing lots and the Auxiliary West lot is reserved for game day parking and is closed to all vehicles, including residential students, prior to and during events held at the Hancock Whitney Stadium. Vehicles without the proper credentials are subject to towing at the owner or operator's expense if not moved from these lots at the announced or published date and time. For more information, please refer to USA Athletics at www.usajaguars.com.