Inviting Foreign Guests to Commencement


The University of South Alabama will provide a letter of invitation to assist graduates whose family members or friends must apply for a visa in order to attend the commencement ceremony.  If you wish to invite a member of your family or friends to come to the United States on a B-2 visa (visitor for touristic purposes), you may wish to follow the steps below.

Please keep in mind the suggested procedure is for visitor applications only.

  1. Prior to submitting a request for a letter of invitation, apply for graduation.
  2. Visit the U.S. State Department website for information on how to apply for a visitor visa.
  3. Submit a Request for Enrollment Verification to the Registrar's Office.
  4. Request a letter of invitation from Global USA office.
  5. Do not mail this letter to the embassy/consulate.  Ask your guest to include it with the Enrollment Verification to the visa interview.


Note: Office of the Registrar does not produce letters of invitation. Please contact the Global USA office if you have more questions regarding letters of invitation.