Inviting Foreign Guests to Commencement
The University of South Alabama will provide a letter of invitation to assist graduates whose family members or friends must apply for a visa in order to attend the commencement ceremony. If you wish to invite a member of your family or friends to come to the United States on a B-2 visa (visitor for touristic purposes), you may wish to follow the steps below.
Please keep in mind the suggested procedure is for visitor applications only.
- Prior to submitting a request for a letter of invitation, apply for graduation.
- Visit the U.S. State Department website for information on how to apply for a visitor visa.
- Submit a Request for Enrollment Verification to the Registrar's Office.
- Request a letter of invitation from Global USA office.
- Do not mail this letter to the embassy/consulate. Ask your guest to include it with the Enrollment Verification to the visa interview.
Note: Office of the Registrar does not produce letters of invitation. Please contact the Global USA office if you have more questions regarding letters of invitation.