International Students Authentication Services for University Documents
Authentication Services for University Documents
The Registrar's Office will:
- only notarize documents produced by the Office of the University Registrar
- return all notarized documents to you or specified recipient address for any additional processing
Documents available for notarization include:
- Official Transcripts: An official transcript will require an original document be generated for notarization.
Photocopies or reproductions of previously requested transcripts are not accepted.
To order official transcripts, please see https://www.southalabama.edu/departments/registrar/records/transcripts.html
- Enrollment/Degree Verification Letter: Requires an original official document be generated for notarization. Photocopies
or reproductions of previously requested documents are not accepted.
Complete the Request for Enrollment & Degree Verification form and return to the Registrar's Office by email, mail, fax, or in person.
- Diplomas: Notary requests for diplomas require a quality copy of your diploma be submitted for notarization. The Office of the University Registrar does not keep copies of diplomas. However, a duplicate diploma may be requested. You will need to complete the Duplicate Diploma Order Form, include the $25.00 fee payment information and submit the form to the Registrar's Office at
University of South Alabama, Registrar’s Office
390 Student Center Circle
Suite 1100, Meisler Hall
Mobile, AL 36688
or email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Notary requests involving transcripts and/or reprinted diplomas may not be issued if a student accounting hold has been placed on your academic record.
An apostille is the legalization of a document for international use under the terms of the Hague Convention. Apostilles are most often needed by students who are working outside the United States of America and international students.
Note: Notarization of the document is required before the Apostille or Certification by the State of Alabama Secretary’s Office will be completed
Once the notary request is received, the Registrar’s Office, will print the requested document(s), procure the signature of the Registrar and notarize it. The document(s) and notary statement will be mailed to the specified address. The recipient will then need to send the information to the State of Alabama Secretary’s Office for the Apostille.
Please see the State of Alabama Apostille Information for steps to complete after you have received the notarized documents from the University of South Alabama:
For those countries that do not recognize the Hague Convention or that do not accept the apostille, the U.S. Department of State has an Office of Authentications which can provide a federal authentication.
Please contact the Registrar’s office if you have more questions: email@example.com