International Students Enrollment and Degree Verification FAQ

International Students


 Enrollment and Degree Verification FAQ


How long does it take to process my request? Please allow at least three to five business days from the date the request is received by the Registrar’s office.
What should I do if I do not know my Jag Number?

Please fill out and sign the PAWS Unlock / Jag Number Request form and

  • return it along with a copy of one of the following forms of ID: a photocopy of your driver's license, state non-driver's ID, or passport,
  • OR you may come by the Registrar's Office and bring ID with you,

Please return the form and a copy of your ID by faxing it to (251) 460-7738 or by emailing it

If you email your forms, please send from your JagMail account if you have one available.

How can I access my JagMail?

Please find more information about JagMail at

How may a third party request an enrollment or degree verification?

Third parties may obtain an enrollment or degree verification from the National Student Clearinghouse

If the third party chooses to not use the National Student Clearinghouse, or is unable to find your information, then they can request a verification on your behalf. Requests must be accompanied by the student’s written consent to release education records as required by FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act)

How may I change my anticipated graduation date? The anticipated graduation date is tentative and will be updated at the time of applying for graduation.  Please contact the Registrar’s office if you have further questions.
How can I identify non-traditional courses (online and blended)? Please refer to the University of South Alabama Policy on Course Formats:
How may I obtain the verification of the percentage of online coursework in blended courses? Email for an official request form and with any questions you may have about the process.
How may I verify information regarding course sections offered?

The Office of the Registrar may verify information regarding course sections offered only for the current and past terms.

For information regarding upcoming semester, please refer to Dynamic Schedule

How may I verify scheduled meeting times? Students may obtain a current syllabus from their instructors. If information from previous terms is needed, please contact for assistance.
Can you verify how exams, quizzes, tests, and other assignments are taken in courses? Students may obtain a current syllabus from their instructors. If information from previous terms is needed, please contact for assistance.
How may I obtain the course description? Course Descriptions for any course are available online via the University of  South Alabama online bulletin. You can visit for both graduate and undergraduate course descriptions.
How may I obtain a Study Plan? Please refer to your advisor at the University of South Alabama regarding specific requirements to complete your program of study.
Can you verify my academic status?

Please order your transcript to show information regarding your academic status

OR complete the Request for Enrollment & Degree Verification form and return to the Registrar's Office by mail, fax, or in person. 

Regarding Academic Status Policy for Undergraduates, please refer to

Can you verify how my credits would apply to a new major?

Degree Works allows you to see how changing your current academic program (adding/deleting/changing majors, minors, etc.) will affect your degree progress (see “What-If” option)

Run your degree evaluation through your secure PAWS login at

Student Services & Financial Aid → Student Records → Degree Audit (Evaluation)

This will automatically take you to the Worksheets screen and your degree audit.

For more information please refer to


Please contact the Registrar’s office if you have more questions: