NEW! Faculty Match SURF program
In an effort to increase the number of undergraduates funded for participation in the SURF program, a new funding mechanism is being offered by the Office of Undergraduate Research.
- Faculty with available funds can pay a 50% match ($1250) for students to participate in the SURF program under their mentorship. The OUR supplies the remaining $1250.
- The faculty member can choose what student(s) to support based on their knowledge of student capabilities.
- The student does not have to submit a SURF proposal; the faculty submits a form to offer the match instead.
- Faculty match offer is due by March 15; student and project should be identified via mentor agreement form by April 15.
- Note: This is an optional program, and does not replace spots in the regular SURF program.
Benefits to faculty mentor:
- Can engage student(s) without SURF program restrictions (GPA, class, repeat SURF)
- Potential for greater flexibility on student project
- More time to identify students and projects
- More funded students in lab (limit of $5000 total in OUR funds per mentor)
Expectations of student in summer:
- Students are expected to attend workshops and meet the regular SURF benchmarks