NPHC Membership Intake
Membership intake is the new member selection process, which is guided by the University of South Alabama’s National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC). Each chapter’s intake process generally begins with an interest meeting followed by a period of membership education. The interest meetings and time of intake are dictated on an individual chapter basis with the approval from the organization’s National Headquarters.
Minimum requirements to join a NPHC affiliated fraternity or sorority:
- Be in Good Standing with the University’s Judicial office.
- Attend the Fall or Spring NPHC Greek Informational.
- Complete 12-24 hours of college credit (each national organization and/or chapter determines if credit hours can be counted by either transfer or institutional hours).
- Obtain at least a 2.5 GPA, depending on the organization GPA requirement can be higher.
- Earn some community service hours, (Exact amount depends on the organization).
We strongly encourage those interested in the Membership Intake process to contact the respective NPHC organizations for more information.
Tips for joining an NPHC fraternity or sorority.
- Research the various organizations within the NPHC.
- Attend Events
- Get to know the members of the organization
- Be Prepared
- Attend an Informational
*Any and all hazing activities will not be tolerated or condoned.