Early Arrival is offered for students who have a Spring Only 2023 housing assignment and need to arrive before January 6th, 2023.
You can request early arrival online starting on November 3, 2022, in your MyUSAHousing portal under the 'Requests' menu.
Early Arrival Costs & Late Fees:
- There is a $20.00 nightly rate for each night of occupancy before the residence halls open on January 6, 2023.
- The priority deadline to submit an early arrival request is December 1, 2022.
- All late early arrival requests received between December 2-9, 2022, will be subject to a late charge of $100.00 in addition to the nightly rate.
- All late early arrival requests received AFTER December 10, 2022, will be subject to a late charge of $250.00 in addition to the nightly rate.
The Do's & Don'ts
Please review the following carefully before submitting your Early Arrival Request
- Please note that requests to arrive early may not be granted, as some rooms are unavailable until the published Residence Hall Opening date. If this applies to your room you will be notified via JagMail that you cannot participate in Early Arrival after USA Housing has processed your request.
- If your request is not approved, you will be required to wait until the published residence hall opening date to move in.
- Many services, such as Dining, may not be fully operational prior to the published residence hall opening date.
- Early Arrival is not guaranteed and will be assessed based on eligibility.
- If the student withdraws from the program/event that necessitated their early arrival, they will no longer be eligible to arrive early.
- Approved students are responsible for the 'Terms & Conditions' outlined in their housing contract and will be expected to abide by all housing Community Standards during the early arrival period.
- Overnight guests are not permitted during the early arrival period.
- Building maintenance, including painting and final cleaning, may be ongoing in the residential communities during the early arrival period.
For more information or if you have any questions, please call our USA Housing Office at 251-341-4663.