Early Move In
Early Arrival is offered to current and new residents for Spring 2021 who need to arrive before residence halls open on January 18, 2021.
Students who have a Spring room assignment and are part of a university-sponsored program or event may request an early arrival. Early Arrival requests are considered based on the identified program and the timing of the request. Early Arrival may not be available for every student.
Eligible students (based on the above criteria) who have confirmation from a sponsoring department/academic program should submit a request online in MyUSAHousing.
You MUST have a completed contract AND a Spring room assignment BEFORE the request form will be available to you. The form is located in the 'Requests' menu in MyUSAHousing.
Complete the Early Arrival form, then click the 'Submit Request' button after reviewing ALL information prior to submitting. After submitting the request, you can monitor the status of your request within MyUSAHousing.
You will receive notice via JagMail notifying you a decision has been made. Details of the decision will be located in the 'Requests' section of MyUSAHousing.
The Do's & Don'ts
Please review the following carefully before submitting your Early Arrival Request
- Please note that requests to arrive early may not be granted. If your request is not approved, you will be required to wait until the published residence hall opening date to move in.
- Please be aware that many services may not be fully operational prior to the published residence hall opening date.
- If the student withdraws from the program/event that necessitated their early arrival, they will no longer be eligible.
- Approved students are responsible for the 'Terms & Conditions' outlined in their housing contract and will be expected to abide by all housing Community Standards during the early arrival period.
- Overnight guests are not permitted during the early arrival period.
- Building maintenance, including painting, power outages, and final cleaning, may be ongoing in the residential communities during the early arrival period.
Important Information Regarding Early Arrival:
- The Fresh Food Company (Dining Hall) will close on December 4, 2020, and will reopen on the first day of classes, January 19, for Spring 2021.
- There will be a campus-wide power outage for electrical maintenance scheduled to take place on Sunday, December 20, 2020, from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- Residents approved for Early Arrival may be subject to temporary relocation.
If you have any questions please contact the Central Housing Office (251-341-4663 or email@example.com) and we will be glad to help.