Early Arrival Program
An Early Arrival Program is offered for students who have an active housing assignment and a documented, University-related need to move into their housing assignment prior to Residence Hall Opening.
Students who have an active academic year housing assignment and are part of a university-sponsored program or event have the option to request an early arrival. Early arrival requests are considered based on the identified program, facility availability, and the timing of the request. Early arrival may not be available for every student and the timing of the request can play a key role in being able to accommodate these requests. Many of our early arrival students are participating in programs including:
• USA Athletic Groups (i.e. Football, Soccer, Volleyball)
• USA Academic Programs (i.e. Engineering, Nursing, Honors)
• New Student Orientation Attendees (August sessions only)
Residential students who are in the Jaguar Marching Band (JMB) do NOT need to fill out an Early Arrival Request form in My USAHousing. The JMB will submit an early arrival request to USA Housing on your behalf and will pay your Early Arrival nightly rate. Make sure you have completed the JMB Online Intent Form. For more information, call (251) 460-6136
Costs Associated With Requests
A $15.00 nightly rate for approved early residence hall move-ins will be charged (per
person) starting from the date of arrival until the date the halls open. All early arrival charges will be assessed to the students' account (PAWS) unless the sponsoring department/unit requests to be billed for the charges.
PRIORITY DEADLINE FOR FALL REQUEST SUBMISSION IS JULY 1
All requests received July 2 - July 15 will be subject to a late charge of $100.00 in addition to the nightly rate.
All requests received after July 16 - August 1 will be subject to a late charge of $175.00 in addition to the nightly rate.
All requests received after August 1 will be subject to a late charge of $250.00 in addition to the nightly rate.
Eligible students (based on the above criteria) who have confirmed their need to arrive early with their employer or the USA program inviting them to participate in pre-semester training or orientation programs should submit a request online in My USAHousing within your housing contract for the term you're seeking early arrival.
You MUST have a completed contract AND an active room reservation for the term in which you're seeking early arrival BEFORE the request form will be available to you. AFTER you have these things, the form will appear at the end of your contract menu toolbar (scroll all the way to the right).
Complete the form then click the 'I Understand / Submit Request' button after reviewing ALL information on that page. Confirmation of your request submission will be sent to your JagMail, which will include details of how to monitor the status of your request in My USAHousing.
If approved, you will receive notice via JagMail that includes specific instructions for your early move-in (including check-in date, time, and key pick-up location).
The Do's & Do Not's
Please review all of the following carefully before submitting your Early Arrival Request
- Please note that requests to arrive early can sometimes not be granted as some rooms are unavailable until the published Residence Hall Opening date. If this applies to your room you will be notified via JagMail that you cannot participate in the Early Arrival Program after USA Housing has processed your request. If your request is not able to be approved you will be required to wait until the published residence hall opening date to move in.
- Please be aware that many services may not be fully operational prior to the published residence hall opening date.
- The Early Arrival Program is not guaranteed and will be assessed based on eligibility.
- If the student withdraws from the program/event that necessitated their early arrival, they will no longer be eligible to arrive early.
- Approved students are responsible for the 'Terms & Conditions' outlined in their housing contract and will be expected to abide by all housing Community Standards during the early arrival period.
- Overnight guests (even same gender) are not permitted during the early arrival period.
- Building maintenance, including painting and final cleaning, may be ongoing in the residential communities during the early arrival period.