Research Development Services
A variety of research development services are available for USA faculty and staff who are eligible to submit proposals for external funding.
What services are available?
- Identifying funding opportunities;
- Proposal development consult (i.e. ideation, early stage);
- Proposal editing (e.g. proofreading, editing, formatting, etc.);
- Collaboration development and/or support;
- Complex proposal development (i.e. very large projects, center grants, complex collaborations, etc.);
- Writing group support;
- Training (e.g. grant writing training for departments or groups).
How are these services requested?
Fill out the online form to request services. In addition to completing the information, you have the option to upload a copy of your proposal draft.
When do I need to submit my request?
We do our best to honor all requests; however, we have the following suggestions for your timeline, and in general earlier is better:
- Required lead time depends on the magnitude of your request. A year in advance is not too soon for a proposal involving complex collaborations!
- Requests for full edits of complete proposals should be submitted two calendar weeks prior to your deadline.
- Proofreading or light editing requests can typically be fulfilled if submitted one week prior to your deadline.
- There may be a waiting list during periods of high demand.
- You will be informed at the time of submission if there is sufficient time to review the document prior to the deadline.
- We ask that you submit requests for training or presentations at least one month in advance.