How to Correctly Add a Featured Image
Posted on July 21, 2022 by Web Services Department
- Make sure the page is checked out or the light bulb is turned on.
- Click the properties button at the top of the page.
- Go to the featured image field and make sure to check the box next to Show Featured Image.
- Click the choose file icon at the end of the featured image field.
- In the top right next to the upload button, toggle from production to staging.
- Click the blue upload button, and upload your image. Make sure you have the rights to use the image. Do not grab something from the internet that may be copyrighted.
- Once uploaded, toggle back to production and upload the exact same image to production. Choose the file, and you will see the dependency tag assigned.
- Add the alternative description. The alternative description is for a screen reader to read to our visually impaired audience. It also shows when an image doesn't load on a page. Please make sure this
- Click the save button at the top of the page.
Share on Social Media