USA Jaguar Support Emergency Loan Program
Criteria for an Emergency Loan
In order to be eligible for emergency funding, the student:
- Be a USA degree-seeking student in good standing;
- Be currently enrolled in active status;
- Enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours during the semester in which the loan is requested;
- Have an institutional GPA of 2.0 or be a freshman/transfer student in the first semester;
- May not have a previous term balance on the student account;
- May not have a current or delinquent emergency loan.
What Emergency Funds Typically Cover
Emergency funds are intended to help with short-term financial emergencies necessary for support and maintenance that the student would be otherwise unable to obtain, including but not limited to:
- Unexpected medical expenses;
Emergency Funds are not intended to cover
- Charges on your student account: tuition, fees, parking, or another emergency loan;
- Emergency funds are not intended to bridge the gap until financial aid comes in.
Applicants must complete the USA Jaguar Support Emergency Loan Program application in full.
If an emergency loan is approved, it may take up to three business days to be processed.
On the day the check is to be picked up, the applicant must go to the USA One Stop, in the Meisler Hall atrium, to sign the agreement and pick up the check.
Emergency Loans may not be used towards outstanding University debt.
Emergency Loans are to be repaid within the same term with which they are borrowed.
The maximum award amount is $500.00 and students may apply for one Emergency Loan per semester. Each loan must be repaid in full before the student may apply again.
Approval of emergency loans may be subject to eligibility and availability of funds.
An administrative fee will be applied to the balance of this loan upon disbursement.
Repayment of the loan is made online here. Payment may also be made at the USA One Stop by cash, cashier’s check, money order, Visa, American Express, MasterCard or Discover. No personal checks are accepted.
Students are required to repay the funds in full by the end of the term with which the loan is disbursed.
If a student withdraws, graduates or becomes inactive for any other reason, the loan balance must be repaid within 30 days of such event.