USA Jaguar Support Emergency Loan Program
In order to be eligible for emergency funding, the student must:
- Be a USA degree-seeking student in good standing;
- Be currently enrolled in active status;
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours during the semester in which the loan is requested;
- Have a minimum institutional GPA of 2.0 or be a freshman/transfer student in the first semester;
- Not have a previous term balance on the student account;
- Have a clear history with any previous emergency loans (repayment criteria met);
- Not have a current or delinquent emergency loan.
Emergency funds are intended to help with short-term financial emergencies necessary for support and maintenance that the student would be otherwise unable to obtain, including but not limited to:
- Unexpected medical expenses;
- Charges on your student account: tuition, fees, parking, or another emergency loan;
- Emergency funds are not intended to bridge the gap until financial aid comes in.
Applicants must complete the USA Jaguar Support Emergency Loan Program application in full.
If an emergency loan is approved, it may take up to three business days to be processed.
On the day the check is to be picked up, the applicant must go to the USA One Stop, in the Meisler Hall atrium, to sign the agreement and pick up the check.
Emergency Loans may not be used towards outstanding University debt.
Emergency Loans are to be repaid within the same term with which they are borrowed.
The maximum award amount is $500.00 and students may apply for one Emergency Loan per semester. Each loan must be repaid in full before the student may apply again.
Approval of emergency loans may be subject to eligibility and availability of funds. Previous emergency loan history may be taken into account when determinations are made on future requests.
An administrative fee will be applied to the balance of this loan upon disbursement. Should the loan become delinquent, the admin fee will be applied once during each term of delinquency.
Repayment of the loan is made online here. Payment may also be made at the USA One Stop by cash, cashier’s check, money order, Visa, American Express, MasterCard or Discover. No personal checks are accepted.
Students are required to repay the funds in full by the end of the term with which the loan is disbursed.
A hold will be placed on the student account until payment in full has been made. It may take up to 24 hours to release a hold.
If a student withdraws, graduates or becomes inactive for any other reason, the loan balance must be repaid within 30 days of such event.