The University offers an interdisciplinary minor in African American Studies. If a minor is required in your degree program, at least 9 (lower and/or upper-division) hours of courses in the minor must be completed at the University.
- AFR 101, Introduction to African American Studies (three semester hours). This course is to be taken immediately after the African American Studies minor is declared.
- At least one humanities and one social science course selected from the offerings below.
- The election of additional courses to bring the total credits to at least 21 hours.
African American Studies Course Offerings
- AFR 101 (Required)
- Humanities Courses: EH 242, EH 390, EH 468, EH 477, EH 492, PHL 331
- Social Science Courses: HY 362, HY 377, HY 485, SY 315, HY 479, HY 477, PSY 270, SY 435, HY 435, HY 478, SY 220, SY 445, GS 290, GS 492,PSC 340
- Other: ARH 250, ARH 343, IST 320
A description of these courses may be found in the USA Bulletin, the official source for all degree requirements.