Online RN-BSN and Online RN-BSN/MSN Admission Requirements
RN to BSN Pathway Admissions
The College of Nursing Admissions Committee and the Dean of the College select applicants best qualified for and most likely to succeed in the study of nursing. Students are admitted without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, or qualified disability. Students must be in good standing with all academic institutions/nursing programs that they have attended in order to be admitted to the BSN program.
Students applying for the Online RN to BSN Pathway must have completed all eighteen (18) undergraduate prerequisite courses prior to applying to the RN to BSN Professional Component. These 59 semester hours of college credit may be completed in your hometown area, at an accredited institution and transferred to this university.
State Board of Nursing Authorizations
Each State Board of Nursing has requirements for online programs. Due to these requirements, we are not accepting nursing applications from South Dakota and New York at this time.
Admission Criteria for the Online RN-BSN and Online RN-BSN/MSN Pathway
- Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States of America.
- Completion of an accredited diploma or associate degree in nursing and a current registered nurse licensure with no restriction. Restrictions include participation in voluntary discipline programs.
- Complete all eighteen (18) required pre-requisite courses at a regionally accredited school. These 59 credit hours of general education courses are in addition to the nursing courses completed to become a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum grade of “C” in all pre-requisite courses.
RN-BSN Pathway: Minimum GPA of 2.5 on all prerequisite courses and Minimum University GPA of 2.0.
RN-BSN/MSN Pathway: Minimum Prerequisite GPA of 2.50. In addition, a minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required on all academic course work completed at all institutions attended, including repeated courses.
- Submit transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to NursingCAS.
- Primary Application in NursingCAS VERIFIED prior to Application Deadline.
- Supplemental Application submitted to USA with a $50 fee by the deadline.
- Admission will be contingent on a negative drug screen, an acceptable background check, and completion of all Medical Records in CastleBranch. Students are responsible for costs related to these requirements.
Students are responsible for all costs related to monitoring/proctoring tests and identity authentication when required by a course.
The primary method of communication by the University of South Alabama (USA) College of Nursing (CON) throughout the application cycle is email. It allows us to easily make contact with you throughout the day and you are able to contact us at a time that is convenient for you. Please ensure that the email address you put on your application is an email address you check several times weekly and that you add firstname.lastname@example.org to the address book of your email account. This will ensure that email from us will not be sent to your SPAM/JUNK folder.