- Aged up to 3: Only permitted in swimming pools with direct supervision during dependent hours. Swimming diapers are required.
- Ages 3-15: Permitted to use the track, swimming pools, multi-purpose courts, indoor soccer court, and racquetball courts with direct parent/guardian supervision during dependent hours. In addition, dependents ages 6-15 are permitted to use the rock wall during dependent hours with parent/guardian supervision. Child must wear climbing shoes, be able to climb on their own, and parents must be present. Our climbing shoes start at Size 2. In addition, dependents ages 10-15 may attend SouthFit classes with direct parent/guardian supervision. Dependents must be able to actively participate in the classes.
- Ages 12+: Permitted to use cardio machines with strict parental supervision.
- Ages 14-15: Permitted to use weight rooms with strict parental supervision.
- Age 16: Permitted in all areas of the Student Recreation Center with indirect parent/guardian supervision** during dependent hours.
- Ages 17+: Permitted in all areas of the Student Recreation Center without parent/guardian supervision. Not restricted to dependent hours. These members should be prepared to present a second form of identification showing their age.
- All dependents using the Recreation Center must have a membership and an ID to access the facility.
- *Direct supervision is defined as being in the same room no further than 20 feet apart. Parent/guardian MUST be actively participating in the same activity as the dependent, e.g. playing basketball together, playing racquetball together, swimming together, etc. This does not mean, for example, that the parent can be in a group exercise class while the dependent sits along the wall and watches.
- **Indirect supervision is defined as parent/legal guardian being in the facility at the same time as the dependent; however, both are not required to be in the same area.