Winter Break Housing
The residence halls will close for Winter Break on December 10, 2021, at 12:00 PM (noon) and will reopen on January 7, 2022, at 9:00 AM.
Fall 2021 residents who are enrolled for Spring 2022 and have a completed 'Academic Year 2021-2022' housing contract are eligible for Break Housing (upon request). Break Housing registration will allow the resident to remain in room throughout Winter Break (December 10, 2021, through January 7, 2022).
Registration on MyUSAHousing opens: November 5th, 2021 at 9 AM
Fall residents whose Winter Break plans include remaining on campus or gaining access to their room at any time during the break MUST register for Break Housing by December 1, 2021 @ 11:59 PM to ensure they have access to their residence hall room throughout the Winter Break Housing period and avoid a late registration fee.
Students can register online in their MyUSAHousing portal under the 'Requests' menu.
Card access will cut off at 12:00 PM (noon) on the last day of final exams (Thursday, December 9). All residence halls will remain open for residents who have completed Winter Break registration.
There is no charge ($0.00) to remain on campus in your room during the Winter Break as long as your Break Housing registration is completed prior to the deadline (December 1, 2021 @ 11:59 PM) and you remain enrolled for Spring 2022 semester.
All Break Housing requests received AFTER December 1 will be subject to a late registration charge of $100.00. Any applicable charges will be assessed to the student's account (PAWS) after Winter Break.
- If you withdraw from Spring Semester 2022 classes and/or cancel your Academic Year 2021-2022 housing contract, you will no longer be eligible to remain on campus during the Winter Break Housing period and should be prepared to check-out properly in person, at your Community Office within 48 hours following your withdrawal OR by Friday, December 10, 2021 at 12 PM (noon) —whichever is later— to avoid additional charges.
- Residents do not need to remove their belongings for Winter Break.
- The Fresh Food Company (Dining Hall) will close on December 9, 2021, and will reopen on January 7, 2022, for Spring 2022.
- Meal plans for Spring 2022 will begin on January 10, 2022.
- There will be a campus-wide power outage for electrical maintenance scheduled to take place on Sunday, December 19, 2021, from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- A student approved for Late Stay or Early Arrival may be subject to temporary relocation.
Current residents may request to stay late after December 10, 2021 if they have an academic/university-related need to remain on campus. Click here for more information.
New residents may request an early arrival for Spring 2022 if they have an academic/university-related need. Click here for more information.