Managing an Award
- Review Roles and Responsibilities.
- Fill out the rebudget request form and review rebudgeting procedures.
- Review procedures for Prior Approval Request.
- Learn about the PI transfer process.
- Use the Preliminary Fund Request feature in Cayuse to request a Preliminary Account.
Setting up subrecipient agreements
- Read through the subaward procedures.
- Review the checklist to determine Subrecipient or Contractor.
- Fill out the Agreement/Modification form.
- Check out the subrecipient monitoring policy.
- Reach out to SPA for assistance.
- Find the forms you will need after receiving an award.
- Need a Preliminary Account? Complete the request within your Cayuse SP Proposal.
Policies and guidelines
Search the policies and guidelines surrounding project closeout at the University of South Alabama regarding.
Working with humans, animals, and hazardous materials
- Conduct research with human subjects/Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Conduct research with animal subjects/Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
- Work with hazardous biological materials/Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC).
- Use radioactive materials or radiation-producing devices contact the Office of Radiation Safety.
- Check out lab safety and other training with the Office of Safety & Environmental Compliance.
Conducting your research responsibly
- Find agency required training on Responsible Conduct of Research.
- Find information about conflicts of interest, and read up on conflicts of interest policies.
- Limit the transfer of sensitive information, materials, and services: Information and guidelines on export control.
Concerns about research misconduct?
- Please contact the Office of Research Compliance and Assurance.
Protecting intellectual property & commercializing your research
- Reach out to the University of South Alabama’s Office of Commercialization and Industry Collaboration (OCIC).
Closing out a grant
- Instruction and forms for closing a study with human subjects, animals or biohazards can be found by logging in to IRBnet.
- Review, monitor, and close out sponsored program accounts.