Facilitating Help-Seeking Through Social Support
What is it?
- Encourage help-seeking behavior in those needing assistance for emotional stress via rapport building and supportive behavior.
- This is not a treatment-focused training. This training provides exposure to (and practice of) skills that may persuade help-seeking behaviors in others.
Who should be trained?
- Anyone and everyone! This training is for all ages, but preferably young adults or older.
- Leaders of organizations on campus or those in positions where you come into contact with many students.
Why should I take this training?
- Everyone needs help. Alliance Project training gives you the skills to help someone when they are most in need.
- It can go on your resume.
- Can be counted as service hours.
- It only takes approximately 2 hours!
When can I do this?
- We are ready to set up trainings with your group.
- Please contact us at JagConnect@southalabama.edu for more information.
Where are the trainings?
- We can come to you! We are fully prepared to go mobile and bring this to your establishment.
- We can also set up a meeting in the Student Center.